Matthew Chmiel: The Most Pathetic Teenager Out There

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Chmiel, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I just realized, I think I'm one of the most pathetic teenagers out there. Here are a few reasons why:
    1) I realized that I'm one of the very few people at my school who actually know who Gene Gene The Dancing Machine and The Unknown Comic are.
    2) I just flipped past an episode of The Love Boat on TV Land, and I've never watched one episode and I was able to spot Jimmy Baio, Melissa Gilbert, Ellen Travolta, and Norman Fell pretty quickly after tuning in.
    3) I still watch Saved by the Bell and A Different World in the morning before I go to school (don't ask).
    4a) Do you know any other 16 year old who has the following movies in his DVD collection: Hedwig and the Angry Inch, any Dario Argento movie, and a "French sex film" that Jason Whyte likes to call Maelstrom? [​IMG]
    4b) Do you even know a 16 year old who is as smart as me? (A few of you better not even answer this question [​IMG] [​IMG])
    5) Do you actually know any 16 year old who has actually seen Can't Stop The Music and who has a copy of the Village People's Greatest Hits in their family CD collection? [​IMG]
    6) Do you actually know any self respecting person who owns an Aqua CD along with Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd, and Beatles CDs?
    7) Do you actually know any person who would take a picture like this:
    [​IMG]
    There are many many more reasons, but I finally figured out why I now can't get a girlfriend to save my life. [​IMG]
    Maybe I need to take Jason_Whyte's advice and see more movies. [​IMG]

2. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

MY, you are pathetic! (J/K)

My name is pronounced Gene, I've been called Gene Gene the dancing machine more times then I would care to say, and I have no iead who the hell that is.

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Don't worry Matthew if UPN still showed Saved By The Bell I would still watch it before I went to school. They used to along with that infomercial for that cool-rock cd. Me and my friend had the whole thing memorized. Now that is pathetic. Don't worry I don't know anybody who would take a picture like that but I know people who take pictures of there simpsons collection. Namely ME.
    http://onesecondlate.tripod.com/simp.jpg
    http://onesecondlate.tripod.com/simp2.jpg
    If that's not pathetic please tell me what is. Peace. O and if you weren't pathetic who would I play Beat The Geeks with at 7:30 at night
    [​IMG]

4. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

Beastie Boys are cool. I love the Beatles. And I worship Floyd. And, to be fair, Barbie Girl is one of the best songs (though, not for musical reasons) new songs I've heard in the last few years.
    The movies I can deal with. And I'll accept that you're a smart (and arrogant) kid.
    The rest of it... Yeah... you pretty much suck.
    [​IMG]
    Saved by the Bell is still ON? I'm quite sure I've seen every episode in my after-school days... Even the Ms. Bliss days from the Disney channel. [​IMG]
    Oh, and if it's "Saved by the Bell: The New Class" you REALLY suck. What trite trash compared to the original visionary classic.

5. Matthew Chmiel

6. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I remember USA High. Used to watch it before The Simpsons came on like 4 years ago. Good Times. ROCKIN AT USA HIGH.

7. Matthew Chmiel

What's sadder is my mom and I would eat dinner while watching USA High. [​IMG]
    It's sad when the only TV shows we can watch together without yelling at each other to change the channel consist of bad Peter Engel TV shows, The Golden Girls, A Different World, 24, and The Real World. [​IMG]

8. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

9. Matthew Chmiel

10. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Matt, is someone at school saying that you are pathetic? If so, dont listen to them. Im 16 too and Ive got differnt tastes than eveyone else at my high school. (when I say "differnt", I mean good) If your school is anything like mine, then you are the only non-pathetic person around.

If you just got some idea in your head that you are pathetic for no aparent reason, watch MTV.

.......uh, thats all for now.

11. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Matt you're a HTF star, and you have restored my faith in "young people today" [​IMG]

12. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

I'm rapidly becoming an old man. I look back at all the things I've done and I realize that there's nothing to look back on. I go to dinner with my coworkers most of whom are in their early 20s, and I just sit there and listen to them telling stories of all the things they've done because I have no stories of my own to tell. I haven't done anything with my life and now it's too late to do anything with my life. You're not pathetic, Matthew. I am.

13. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I like to think that I was more revolutionary than pathetic. While most of my other classmates were listening to Britney Spears and other pop crap I was listening to rock and roll and various other genres (Elvis Presley, Meatloaf, Fats Domino, The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Righteous Brothers, The Platters (they're prolly more pop than rock and roll), including good pop like Celine Dion, some jazz, etc. etc. etc. It was only a couple years ago during college that I discovered film and home theater.
    Subconsciously, I've always been in love with film (I even attempted to beg my parents for a laserdisc player when I was 13!!). I thought it was soooo cool to finally have movies on a format that didn't deteriorate like tape did. However, it was more for the coolness factor that I wanted it rather than the technological benefits (although I *was* aware of the improved picture quality at the time). You guys should have seen me reciting the benefits of laserdisc players day after day attempting to get my parents to buy me one. Unfortunately, I never got that laserdisc player but I'm sure that if I did my allowance wouldn't have been able to afford the laserdiscs to play on it. I even started up a small widescreen VHS collection when I was around 18 (before the advent of DVD) or so.
    Hmmmm...wait...what was the topic of this thread? [​IMG]

14. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Well look at this way Matthew; you didn't start a thread asking if you were the youngest person to own a CRT projector. So I suppose that puts you at #2 in the rankings. [​IMG]
    ( And if our young CRT advocate is reading this thread, you know who you are [​IMG] , just having a little HTF fun at your expense. )
    - Walter.

15. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

16. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

But at least you have the HTF to tramp around in Matthew, and help you with your homework [​IMG]
    When I was a pathetic teenager ... cough cough 21 ... cough cough ... years ago I didn't have the internet to help raise my coolness factor [​IMG] I was a "geek" in the truest sense of the word. This could get me permanently banned but I will actually admit to owning several Osmonds albums, including Donny and Marie ones, as a teeny bopper [​IMG] (be kind now ). My friends and I were known for regular all night Dungeons and Dragons games and Risk games. I watched "Heavy Metal" on cable about 50 times, several times with big groups of my friends. I solved several computer games at 03:00 on my brother's Apple II+. When I had to write a love sonnet for English class I wrote one inspired by "The Crystal Cave" about the Devil (and still got an A [​IMG] ). I once cut English class to sneak home and watch "Ben Hur" on Dialing for Dollars. So I don't think you have anything to worry about, although now I am depressed :b
    Cheers,
    Kenneth

17. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen

18. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Matt, you remind me of someone I knew 12 years ago....me! Cept for the male/female thing [​IMG]
    I think it's cool when someone can be who they are without really caring what other people say. Be yourself, stay cool, you'll get a girlfriend someday who thinks you're an absolute genious......it could happen. You aren't the average teenager and I find that refreshing.
    Never change,
    Eve

19. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"6) Do you actually know any self respecting person who owns an Aqua CD along with Beastie Boys, Pink Floyd, and Beatles CDs?
    "
    Yep ... ME[​IMG]
    I know from where you come my friend.
    Brent L
    p.s. Except Hedwig ... haven't seen it yet, just saw Ghost World...finally!!
    GREAT flick by the way

20. Rain

Rain Producer

Well, I know you're just kidding, Matthew, but I don't think you're pathetic at all. On the contrary, I sometimes have to remind myself that you are only 16 because you seem "advanced" beyond your years. Quite frankly, you remind me a bit of me when I was your age (I can't believe I just used the phrase "when I was your age" [​IMG] )...except that my crush was on Corey Haim, not Rini Bell. [​IMG]
    And I'm also going to say this: Any 16 year old guy who can admit to owning Hedwig and the Angry Itch and The Village People's Greatest Hits (not that there's anything wrong with that!) without worrying about anyone getting the "wrong idea" is clearly someone who is very comfortable with himself. [​IMG]
    Like Eve said, we like you just the way you are, so don't ever change. Unless it's for money or sex. No, don't do that either, I'm just kidding. [​IMG]
    Now, you can either take that as a compliment or add it to your list as reason #8. [​IMG]