What's new

Matrix 2 screenshots (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I, too, am interested in how the sequel will explain everything. Nonetheless, I liked the first and will probably like the other 2.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
about neo being the one.. the way i always got it was in the actual matrix program he was a god.. but outside he was just as normal as you or i. that being said they can easily take the battle to the "real world" as well as the matrix.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
The Wachowski Brothers always intended for the Matrix to be a trilogy, (Sound familar?) and so these stories will fit in. I'm sure that there are seeds of their plots and revelations just sitting, buried inside the first movie, and we just keep overlooking it!

Soon........

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I sorta see the Matrix being remade so that Neo's not quite as powerful anymore. I would LOVE to see them take the fight to the Machines themselves (ever since I first saw the original I've wanted to see a battle take place in the harvesting fields. Those "nanny" robots look so damn imposing off in the distance...)

And will we see A.I. in the final film?

Danny R

Supporting Actor
How is anyone gonna be able to beat Neo in this film? You would think the battle is over. Neo's even flying at the end of the film.

Battle over? Tell me exactly what good being able to control the matrix does in the "real" world? People are still enslaved. Neo can't exactly just "unplug" them without first doing a lot if reprogramming of his own to prepare them first. Thus his "mission" in the matrix is two fold... educate the people, and seek out any data the machines might have placed in the Matrix that he can make use of. Other than that, his abilities mean jack.

The AI's will probably reprogram their sentinels to be able to break the programming more as well, something they probably haven't done before because it makes people "wake up" if too many unnatural things occur around them.

As mentioned above... any real success means attacking the machines on their own ground.. in the "real" world.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I'm sure the Matrix sequels will have a lot to offer. I mean really, if you look at the first film it was just setup..we got to know the characters, what the Matrix is, and who Neo is. Now the real story begins, the battle to save humanity.

-Tom

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Here's my prediction on what Neo can do in the future episodes...
In The Matrix, we saw that Neo was able to die in the Matrix and survive (he didn't die in the real world, so he survived in the Matrix).
I think (it would be cool if...) Neo figures out how to survive dieing in the real world. So, the sentinels attack the ship, kill Neo's body, but his consciousness survives in the matrix as a free program of sorts... And maybe the others (Morpheus et al) find him in the matrix after they'd given up on him, as his 'real' body had died. Then MAYBE, they use his matrix-bound consciousness to resurrect his lifeless body in the real world!!!!!!! In this way, he could be a "god" in the real world AND in the Matrix: kill me in the matrix, my real body survives. Kill me in the real world, my soul/spirit/mind/consciousness survives in the Matrix... hehehehehe.... ;)
:D Hey, it's a movie! It could happen! :)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
In The Matrix, we saw that Neo was able to die in the Matrix and survive (he didn't die in the real world, so he survived in the Matrix).

Actually, I think the movie implied that Neo really DID die in the real world (his heartrate flatlined), but came back to life, an allusion to Christ's resurrection.

-Tom

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I think there will be more 'real' world fights like at Zion. These screenshots are awesome though and I can't wait for AOTC just for this teaser.
BTW I named my cat Morpheus and I'm getting a kitten in two weeks...she is going to be Trinity. :)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Tom,
To each his own. Yes, you're right that he flatlined in the real world, but I don't see his survival as a resurrection akin to Christ's. He was flatlined for a few seconds... that happens all the time in ER's. Instead of receiving CPR, he got a Trinity kiss! :D (even betta!) I don't think he actually "died" in the real world. Doctors don't pronounce death just because the heart stops for a few moments. But as I said, to each his own. If you like your view of it, cool. :)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
The Oracle says that Neo may be waiting for his next life to become The One. Therefore I think he "died" and was reborn.

Does anybody else think that in 20 years that this series will be talked about more than the Star Wars series?

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I always thought that the sequel could include an inner struggle that Neo has to deal with. Now he's become Superman in the Matrix, but yet is still just an average joe in the real world. Does Neo really want the Matrix to end? For a brief while he might actually turn against man wanting to keep his Superman image. Until finally he realizes that it isn't worth it and has to end the computer world once and for all.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the Matrix has been modified to be "Neo-proof" or perhaps a second Matrix has been created and part of the struggle is Neo has to find a way to get into it.
There really are several ways this could go..
Including: Morpheus, carrying a 2X4 on his shoulder, pulls a three stooges spin around knocking Neo on the head and giving him amnesia (also a bucket of paint falls off a ladder and lands on Neo's head). Yes, I think thats the best idea. :)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Ross Williams,
Does anybody else think that in 20 years that this series will be talked about more than the Star Wars series?
Sorry, not a chance. Not that I don't like the Matrix, I love it. But... I'm realistic. :) When it was released, The Matrix was no where near the phenomenon that Star Wars was in 1977. I'm not saying anything about the merits of either film; only the popularity, which as we all know says nothing about how good a film is :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix was more of a revolutionary film in terms of visual artistry, while Star Wars was a revolutionary film in almost every way. People will remember the Matrix, but not like Star Wars.

Anyhoo, couldn't there be more than one matrix? Maybe Neo is all powerful in one matrix, but then there is a second one that he is powerless in. Also, there is some sort of underground world that the regular humans live in, maybe we'll see that.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
No, but the Star Wars movies, the Matrix movies and the Lord of the Rings movies will all still be giving fans hours of wonderful fun. There's no competition between any of these series. They're all great.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Tom,
To each his own. Yes, you're right that he flatlined in the real world, but I don't see his survival as a resurrection akin to Christ's. He was flatlined for a few seconds... that happens all the time in ER's. Instead of receiving CPR, he got a Trinity kiss! (even betta!) I don't think he actually "died" in the real world. Doctors don't pronounce death just because the heart stops for a few moments. But as I said, to each his own. If you like your view of it, cool.
That's because a doctor can restart the heart. No such hope for Neo, he was effectively dead :).
-Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks