What's new

Matrix 2 screenshots (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Wow, those are super cool! I hope they're official releases, though, and not spoilers :frowning:.
-Tom

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very cool. What is the release date of these movies? Reloaded is this summer, right?
Peace Out~:D

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
The Matrix Reloaded comes out May 2003, The Matrix Revolutions in November 2003. 2003's going to be an awesome year!

-Tom

Carlos_E

Stunt Coordinator
NICE!

I remember seeing the Matrix when it opened up in 1999. Didn't it open up March of 1999? Ron-P you seem to be good with dates as you answered my question in another thread as to when exactly the Phantom Menace opened.

I remember seeing the Matrix and really liking it but anticipating that The Phantom Menace opening up a couple of months later would be much better. What a disappointment for me to realize several months later that the Matrix was just a better movie.

Carlos

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Great pics. I've only got one question now. At the end of The Matrix, Neo becomes the one, and most importantly, he believes it. Now, my question is this. How is anyone gonna be able to beat Neo in this film? You would think the battle is over. Neo's even flying at the end of the film.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Terrell, think about the title of the second film...."Reloaded". This can apply to firearms. It can also apply to computer programs.

-Tom

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I guess so, but he seemed unstoppable at the end of the last film. We'll see. I'm looking forward to it.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I know what you mean. After what he did at the end of the first film and how he could manipulate the Matrix to his will I kinda expect him to be twisting space and throwing buildings like Tetsuo in Akira. Hope they don't chicken out on the story and go back to the same old kung fu, martial arts stuff.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Did I hear that there would be a Matrix II teaser along with Episode II or was it going to be attached to another flick?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy Cow. Time Magazine says WB is spending over $300M on these two movies? Talk about taking a risk! Even if both are hits, you're talking about in the same year realistically having to gross at least $425M between the two (each over $200M) in order to recoup your initial cost + marketing. That's a gamble. I don't think even SW is costing quite that much.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I don't think it's that big of a gamble. The first Matrix film alone made $456 million worldwide, and the sequels look to be even bigger. And yes, by all accounts the Reloaded teaser will be attached to AOTC. That'll make the crowd go wild :).
-Tom

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
It is attached to AOTC. As for what AOTC cost to make, it was 115 million. It cost slightly less than TPM, mainly because they recycled a few of the effects. The sea on Kamino is from The Perfect Storm.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Very cool pics. The directors and the special effects guru have said that the "tricks" in the upcoming Matrix sequels will surpass the original Matrix for being ground-breaking innovations. Can't tell from the photos, but hopefully there will be a teaser with AOTC and it will sort of hint at what's in store.

Bruce

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
It seemed to me the Wachowski brothers really put a lot of effort and attention to detail in the first Matrix... and you could tell they really loved the project.

I can't imagine the sequels wouldn't measure up to the same standard.

Time will tell, though.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
IMO, they should have just left it at the one. Hard to see at this point in time how they would make the sequels work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks