What's new

Matching a Center to Fronts? Please Help! (1 Viewer)

Brent_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
If I have some old floor-standing speakers with one 10" MTX sub per speaker, two 5" Mids, and two 3.75" tweeters per cabinet and would like to incorporate those into a new HT system. How an I do this successfully? Note: I do plan on replacing the Mids and Tweeters due to age concerns.
I know it is very important to have a matching center to front speakers so I want to do that part right. If you can help me or know of a website that would be helpful please reply!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you build these yourself? All you should have to do to get them matched is build the center with the same tweeter, midrange and crossover and you will be all set. I have a strong feeling that MTX does not make any center channel speakers.

By the way, if you built them, you should not be using 4ohm (most car speakers) speakers with a home system, as they will not perform correctly (amp will work harder). Most home amps are designed to use nominal 8ohm speakers.

Brent_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
I did not build these myself. However, they are an 8 OHM subwoofer.
Here is the link to them at the MTX site.
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...hunder4000.cfm
Model T4108
What is a good site for buying the tweeters and etc?
Also, would these be okay as surrounds or should I use a speaker that is dedicated to this position?
Thanks for helping the newbie! :)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Look at Parts Express on the web to start for the parts.

Also, any kind of speaker can be used for surround, some are better than others.

Good Luck!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do a search on Vifa. :)
I have always used MTX subs in my cars, and I am very pleased with them price/performance. I would say they will be more than enough for surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks