What's new

Master & Commander Sequel? (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed M&C and just assumed a sequel would be produced.

I wonder why it didn't happen. Anyone know?

Regards,

DG

andy wells

Agent
I think its because it didn't perform very well at the box office, which is a shame since it was an awesome film.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it had a huge budget and didn't make a lot. I think they mis-sold it in the advertising. I knew a lot of people that went to see it expecting an exciting naval war film/swashbuckler with copious explosions and instead came out of the movie complaining about how it was too slow and dull.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
After seeing the film, I read the first two books: Master and Commander and Post Captain. They were excellent...plenty of good material to work with. I hope they can find a way to make more films in this series.

CoreyII

Second Unit

I agree Chris, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was the best Star Trek film I've seen since 1991's the Undiscovered Country. :)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I have to agree as well. I really dug Master and Commander so much I saw it in the theatre twice. The incredible attention to detail it felt very authentic to me in addition to being a great film. I also loved the great use of music...overall, I loved it and would definately like to see further adventures of Capt Aubrey and crew...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Count me in as another fan of this film. I'd love to see it released on HD-DVD, and would welcome more stories in the series being brought to the screen with the same care and production values.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

It'd be released on Blu-Ray because Fox has distribution rights, but it would look beautiful on either format.

I'd be up for a sequel, too. Most of the people I know felt it was too slow, and it was nothing like they expected. I liked it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks