What's new

Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
Real Name
Aidan
Only other place I can think of that might know is Netflix itself. Not sure how you'd get ahold of them, though.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Of course I am of a same mind, with the eventual release of punisher season 2. and the inevitable canceling of that Netflix / marvel program, I would hope that Disney / marvel get off their butts and do physical releases to close out anything before they start up their own online streaming for their own marvel programs. It's not that I don't think that the Disney ones won't be quality programming. but I don't see Disney jumping into the dark world of Daredevil or The Punisher. And I don't want the characters water down

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just got this from Netflix support:

Netflix DVD Support Team 800-585-8018

Gonna give them a call.

EDIT: Spoke to them. They had no information. The man did say Netflix likes to stick with shows they know will be a "sure-fire hit" on blu-ray and DVD, like Stranger Things and The Crown. He also said "For some reason, Netflix seems down on The Defenders." He added that it's up to the Netflix Streaming team to make the decision to issue a show on blu-ray/DVD.

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
There are bootleg DVDs for all of these shows. I don't know why Amazon and Netflix allow this.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
FWIW, there is chatter on Reddit that The Defenders, The Punisher Season 1 and The Inhumans could be released on blu-ray soon, as listings for them have popped up on bluray dot com.

Real Name
Aidan
I sure hope so. Though I'd happily swap out Inhumans for a Region 1 release of Iron Fist Season1 (I know the blu ray that's been released is region free, but still).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I've been checking amazon.co.uk about once a week for news of Shield season 6; no luck. This is promising, but the cover art on both of those looks a little sketchy. I did hear a rumor a while back that Runaways was going to be on at least dvd in Region 2 and Cloak & Dagger too. I will keep my eyes open.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
All the prior seasons and pretty much anything Disney releases these days in region all/free/A+B+C

There are a few items originally produced (original production date, not Home Video) that were region locked, but nothing produced after The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Even a few of the items re-released that were Region locked originally have been opened up

Real Name
Aidan
I realized the other day that you can buy a digital copy of all the Marvel Netflix seasons on services like Vudu for $15-20 a season. It's not what I'd want to do, but I think the chances of getting any of the rest of them on Blu Ray are probably zero at this point. Really frustrated at Disney, Netflix, or Marvel's lack of concern about any of these physical media releases. There's obviously a market for them, and I've never known any of those companies to pass up money.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I realized the other day that you can buy a digital copy of all the Marvel Netflix seasons on services like Vudu for $15-20 a season. It's not what I'd want to do, but I think the chances of getting any of the rest of them on Blu Ray are probably zero at this point. Really frustrated at Disney, Netflix, or Marvel's lack of concern about any of these physical media releases. There's obviously a market for them, and I've never known any of those companies to pass up money.

It's possible those shows are in limbo right now while Disney waits out the contractual period after their cancellation by Netflix. I'm still hopeful we will see them at some point.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It's possible those shows are in limbo right now while Disney waits out the contractual period after their cancellation by Netflix. I'm still hopeful we will see them at some point.

I'd like to think so, but given Disney's indifference to Agents of SHIELD on physical media -- as well as Cloak & Dagger and The Runaways -- I suspect we'll never see them. Unless the Disney Movie Club decides to offer all of the Marvel series as club exclusives, and given that they seemed to have abandoned that program, I'm not sanguine about that, either.

Disney seems to be working toward Disney+ being the source for All Things Mouse. Other than the obvious franchises like Star Wars, Pixar, and their own animation features, they don't seem to want to do much in the way of physical releases.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I'd like to think so, but given Disney's indifference to Agents of SHIELD on physical media -- as well as Cloak & Dagger and The Runaways -- I suspect we'll never see them. Unless the Disney Movie Club decides to offer all of the Marvel series as club exclusives, and given that they seemed to have abandoned that program, I'm not sanguine about that, either.

Disney seems to be working toward Disney+ being the source for All Things Mouse. Other than the obvious franchises like Star Wars, Pixar, and their own animation features, they don't seem to want to do much in the way of physical releases.

For me the "first shot over the bow" which hinted at something like this possibly becoming the status quo, was when Disney did not released any dvd season sets for the ABC show "How To Get Away With Murder" after season 2. (This show is currently in its final sixth season, with the series finale next week).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Keep in mind that Disney’s new CEO, Bob Chapek, is the former head of its home video division. If anyone will see the value in physical media, even as a niche market, it’s him.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I would like to believe Chapek might still have some sympathies for physical media. Though what is unknown, is what Chapek REALLY felt about his previous job running the home video division.

For example, did he think it was a "purgatory" which Disney (and other movie companies) used as a "dumping ground" for the less than stellar executives and employees?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks