Marvel TV ABC/Netflix on blu/DVD ?

Would you be willing to support these releases if they were released on blu ray?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That’s extremely surprising. That’s a really really quick turnaround from ending of the season to releasing it on home media. Season 5 ended in May, and now it’s coming out in October. For comparison, season 4 came out over a year and a half later. This seems really suspicious to me. If anyone buys it, I’d love to hear if it’s legit or just a well made bootleg
I've ordered it. It's legit. It's on Zavvi too, which lists all the specs as it does with every release. Also, when there have been bootlegs in the past, they have only been on DVD (which I have not bought). These are blu-rays. It's definitely the real thing.

Reactions: SithStalker6
Real Name
Aidan
Huh. I wonder what changed? I’m glad it’s coming out much earlier than the last season, but I think most people thought they had just given up on SHIELD blu rays, until suddenly season 4 came out. Anyone have any news on an Iron Fist, Defenders, or Punisher US release?

Ethan Riley

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Shield is probably just catching up, since there was a long long gap between seasons 3 and 4.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As I said above, I ordered the Iron Fist set from the UK, the discs are region free and the cost came out to be the same as if I'd bought a season set in the US. I don't see the problem with ordering from elsewhere. Yes, it's annoying that there are no US releases, but if the choice is to get them or not get them, well, I get them.

Hopefully, we will see Defenders and Punisher by the end of the year. And I'd still like a set of Inhumans too.

Real Name
Aidan
As I said above, I ordered the Iron Fist set from the UK, the discs are region free and the cost came out to be the same as if I'd bought a season set in the US. I don't see the problem with ordering from elsewhere. Yes, it's annoying that there are no US releases, but if the choice is to get them or not get them, well, I get them.
That’s actually what I did for Jessica Jones Season 1 and Daredevil Season 2. Then they came out in the US a month later. I ordered them from the UK because I thought they’d never come to the US. Now they all seem to. The only ones not coming are the later shield seasons and Agent Carter S2. I’ll get the region free imports if it’s my only option, but man do I hate those giant ugly rating stickers

Real Name
Aidan
Finally got around to ordering Season 4 of SHIELD. Hopefully it'll get here soon, then I can order Season 5 when it comes out. It seems like there's 2 different versions for S5, a "limited edition" and a standard edition. Just running through the specs, I couldn't tell what was different. The box for the limited edition looks like it's the thicker case, instead of the slim blu ray case. Anyone know if there's anything that's specifically different? Extras included, artbook, etc.?

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Finally got around to ordering Season 4 of SHIELD. Hopefully it'll get here soon, then I can order Season 5 when it comes out. It seems like there's 2 different versions for S5, a "limited edition" and a standard edition. Just running through the specs, I couldn't tell what was different. The box for the limited edition looks like it's the thicker case, instead of the slim blu ray case. Anyone know if there's anything that's specifically different? Extras included, artbook, etc.?
I think the discs are the same, just the packaging is different. There are two different versions for seasons 3 and 4 also.

Real Name
Aidan
Do you all think that the news of Iron Fist and Luke Cage both getting cancelled will affect if the US gets them on Blu-Ray or not? I'm still waiting for Iron Fist Season 1 to come out here, but I'm not so sure if they'll even bother now that they cancelled the series...

Ethan Riley

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I'm not even sure if they're doing ANY of the Netflix shows any more, even in the UK. Because you'd think by now we'd have gotten releases of the Punisher and definitely The Defenders because that show was released in Aug 2017. Iron Fist 1 really should have been out in the US by now--actually, a long time ago. And who knows if Marvel is going to put out blus of their shows that were released on other platforms. Shows like The Inhumans, Cloak & Dagger, Runaways...no news is good news, but....

Reactions: holtge

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not even sure if they're doing ANY of the Netflix shows any more, even in the UK. Because you'd think by now we'd have gotten releases of the Punisher and definitely The Defenders because that show was released in Aug 2017. Iron Fist 1 really should have been out in the US by now--actually, a long time ago. And who knows if Marvel is going to put out blus of their shows that were released on other platforms. Shows like The Inhumans, Cloak & Dagger, Runaways...no news is good news, but....
It's very frustrating. Jeph Loeb said in an AMA that it's not his decision what comes out on blu-ray, so whose decision is it? And how do we get in touch with them?

mark-edk

Second Unit
With the news that Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for season seven (with six not even broadcast yet) that's another Blu-ray box I'll probably have to order from the UK.

Reactions: dana martin
Real Name
Aidan
Anyone else think that Disney is cancelling all their Netflix shows so they can put them on Disney+? Or maybe Hulu, since they'll own that here shortly?

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone else think that Disney is cancelling all their Netflix shows so they can put them on Disney+? Or maybe Hulu, since they'll own that here shortly?
The seasons that aired on Netflix will stay on Netflix. Marvel promised more Daredevil, but there's no guarantee it will use the same cast or be a continuation of the Netflix show. Of course, I would like to see them continue all the shows.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I could be wrong, but didn't all the information we have right now say that Netflix is cancelling the shows and not Disney? Same for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I believe that the only shows left on Netflix are currently in production. I expect them to be canceled once they are "aired".

Real Name
Aidan
Netflix cancelled them, yeah. But Daredevil consistently had high views, and even higher critical reception. There's no way they would cancel it unless Disney was twisting their arm into ending the series.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Netflix cancelled them, yeah. But Daredevil consistently had high views, and even higher critical reception. There's no way they would cancel it unless Disney was twisting their arm into ending the series.
Sure there is. They could have been squabbling over the number of episodes, the price or anything else. Netflix had zero ownership in the character aside from the episodes already on the service. Therefore, in a world where rights are everything, they have no reason to continue to promote another studio's IP...especially with Disney streaming coming next year.

Disney isn't the bad guy here, based on all the reporting. Neither is Marvel. They didn't know this was coming.

Real Name
Aidan
It's really starting to feel like there's going to be no more physical releases for the Netflix shows. Iron Fist still hasn't had a Region 1 release, and I would have thought that if Defenders and Punisher were ever going to get a Blu Ray release, it would have been announced before Christmas. Holding out hope though. Seems like every time I start thinking it's not going to happen, it gets announced shortly afterwards.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's really starting to feel like there's going to be no more physical releases for the Netflix shows. Iron Fist still hasn't had a Region 1 release, and I would have thought that if Defenders and Punisher were ever going to get a Blu Ray release, it would have been announced before Christmas. Holding out hope though. Seems like every time I start thinking it's not going to happen, it gets announced shortly afterwards.
I've written to a few people at ABC (no responses) and Marvel.com. The Marvel people said they have no information (about what I expected). I'm kinda out of ideas of who to contact to even ask about this. It's been 17 months since the Defenders aired, and 14 since The Punisher.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barcelona