1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We will be interviewing Criterion soon. Click here for details on how you can submit a question for us to ask.
    Dismiss Notice

MARRIAGE IS A PRIVATE AFFAIR

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robin9, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    Has the Lana Turner/John Hodiak film Marriage Is A Private Affair ever been released on DVD? I know Warners is not a great fan of the big female stars of yesteryear and does not give them Blu-ray exposure, but many Lana Turner films have appeared on DVD-Rs.

Marriage Is a Private Affair.

It seems strange that I can't locate a DVD for this title . . . . and such a clever title too!

2. Harold Chasen

Steven
    It's not available from Amazon or Warner Archive, so I'd say no, it's never been released on DVD.

3. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    I've come to that conclusion too. I assume either the elements are hopelessly bad or there is some copyright obstacle.

4. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Screenwriter

Bob Gudera
    There is a recent upload on YouTube: looks OK, but foggy. The 30 minute Screen Guild Theater radio version is up, too.

Robin9 likes this.
  5. Robin9

Robin9 Producer

Robin
    Ah, thank you. I'll give it a try but I'm not optimistic. Most films uploaded to YouTube have the worst picture quality ever!