What's new

Marantz SR Series - Can you Rename an Input Source? (1 Viewer)

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Marantz SR-19, and I'd like to rename the DSS/VCR2 input source to read "Tivo" on the receiver's display, not the remote (I use a Pronto). I re-read the manual but found nothing about it, and in playing with the on-screen display for about 10 minutes, never found myself in an appropriate menu.

Does anybody know if this is possible, and if so, how to do it?

Thanks.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
i don't know about the marantz reciever but i know the pioneer elite vsx-49tx can do that but that's the first reciever i've heard of that can do that function.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In the vein of information that has little to do with the question, my 7+yr old STR-DE815 (sold) was able to rename any source, so Pioneer is certainly not the first.

As for Marantz, I have a 6200, and I have not found a way to do what you are asking Doug.

*edit - I have a friend who has an SR-19, I'll ask him, but I have a feeling it won't yeild much.

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
{Sigh} that's about what I thought. Not too hopeful, but if anybody knows anything I'd appreciate hearing it.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
What current brands do allow this? I would assume Yamaha and Denon's higher grade receivers do??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks