What's new

Marantz 7200 (1 Viewer)

Chris PC and ChrisAG,

So, according to your tests, the 797 does have the drop-out problems ? Could we assume that the 595 and 696 have the same bug ? Is there any Onkyo owners who wants to confirm this ?

If I can put my hands on a DVD player that doesn't cause the drop-outs AND fixes the S-Video vertical sync, it would be a good solution to the Marantz problem.

I suggest that we start a DVD player database for the Marantz X200 receivers.

My Pioneer DV333 causes both problems.

A Toshiba (ChrisAG) causes both problems.

A Panasonic (Chris PC) causes drop-outs.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,

Good idea. And the Toshiba and Pansonic DVD players caused the problem on BOTH the SR 6200 and the Onkyo 797.

So far, the NAD T751 (and likely the 761 also, although I haven't tested it) is almost totally free of dropouts or audio cut off at the beginning of tracks. Furthermore, let me say that the NAD is perfectly acceptable to me in terms of playback. I am happy with its lack of drop outs and would be satisfied with another receiver if it exhibtied the same behavious. If my Marantz SR 6200 worked like the NAD T751, then I'd be as happy as ever.

What I really want to know is if there are people with DVD and CD changer/players that DO NOT EVER have dopouts or audio cut out at the beginning of tracks. Also, keep a record of what tracks on what CD's cause the dropouts for you.

So people, give us your data!

My Panasonic is the CV 51.

Also, I witnessed a Pioneer 503 cause the exact same problems on an SR 5200.

ChrisAG, what Toshiba DVD player do you have again? 1800 or 2200 or something like that?

David_D_C

Agent
Ok, i did the test with the Depeche Mode 86-98 disc. There is absolutely no delay when skipping to those tracks. I hear the music right from 0:00.

I tried with both coax and optical connections and got the same results. I do get the delay with DD and to a lesser degree with DTS

Marantz SR5200 + Toshiba SD-2700

Jim_T

Grip
Just for the record, my PS7200, despite being a replacement fresh from Marantz Japan, suffers the clipped audio at the beginning of tracks when they begin right at 0:00, using a digital input, on both the Marantz CD6000-OSE CD player and the JVC XV-S65 DVD player. This clipping, as previously mentioned, cuts off the first fraction of a second of a track when that track is accessed directly, i.e., not during normal sequential playback. It seems worse just after switching from another source. I suppose the receiver is just plain slow in picking up the signal. Not having an S-video capable TV (I know, I know) I can't really test for the video problem. At the least the annoying pops between tracks are now history!

Despite all of this, as I've said, I still love the sound of the Marantz, and since normal CD listening isn't affected, I'm quite happy overall.

Hope you guys find a solution!

Jim

I've talked to my dealer and he still hasn't got any update from Marantz. I told him that some DVD player seemed to work and I mentioned the Toshiba SD2700. He doesn't have this model but he said that he could try with the SD2715.
I'll keep you posted...
I wonder... Is Marantz ignoring all our problems or are they trying very hard to resolve these issues. I don't find them very cooperative so far... :frowning:

Dennis B

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for the late response.
ChrisPC, I don't have the CDs you mentioned, but I've tried a lot of my own which definetly start at 0:00 if not before ;) . No dropouts.
I'm using a Marantz DV-6200 with my SR-7200.
When using the AVIA DVD, though, I noticed audio dropouts at the beginning of some chapters. I haven't noticed this before on any other DVD. Would this be the same problem?

derek fong

Auditioning
my datapoint:

no s-video problems, but i do suffer occasional dropouts on

DVDs using my Panasonic RV-30.

i also suffered dropouts with my Parasound CDC-1500 CD player but have since gone to analog direct since i think sonically, the internal Burr-Brown DACs on the Parasound sounded better anyway.

-derek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks