What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Love Boat to Fantasy Island! (1 Viewer)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Trying to kill two birds with one post here: why no DVD releases for either Love Boat or Fantasy Island? Are there issues with guess apperances? Just curious as I'm a sucker for the anthology shows.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
I've also been waiting for both of these to come out. I personally like the Love Boat more than Fantasy Island, but I would pick up both if I had the chance. The theme song on the Love Boat has me singing to this day and I don't know if reruns are showing or not. Both of these shows had a ton of guest stars on them, however I don't believe that is why their release is being held up. It probably has more to do with fan interest and rights issues. I don't know if music clearances has a part in it also.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Paramount gets the Spelling library back this year, and I'm not gonna be surprised if Love Boat shows up on a release list in 2005 or 06.

Sony owns Fantasy Island, has made it clear that it's on their radar screen, but never indicated that they were going ahead with production of a release.

But both studios can be very secretive when they want to be, so who knows?

I'd love 'em both!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hey, all....those are another 2 that I'm waiting for the releases :)

So much TV...So little time (I modified it a little :) )

Good to hear that Fantasy Isl is at least "on the map"...thanks Dave L :)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm interested in getting this. Is there a big fan out there who can tell me who some of the big-time guest stars are this first season? I remember my favs, Carol Lynley and Maureen McCormick, were on it a lot.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
A little birdie told me that Fantasy Island season 1 is coming on 11/15 for $49.95 SRP, with a running time of 776 minutes on 4 discs.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thanks for the list. I found it helpful. I remember watching this when I was growing up --both Love Boat and Island on Saturday nights. Always got excited watching the opening credits to see who would be the guest stars. They were the ones in my opinion who really carried the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks