What's new

Apple TV+ Where can you purchase digital seasons of classic TV? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The thing I don't understand about digital purchases, is that there isn't a roadmap to find where to buy them (if available). I'm not interested in streaming as I don't want to be bound to a service for life just to watch a random episode of a TV show I like. I want to buy the seasons digitally, and get out quickly, easily, and call it good.

Some of the shows I am interested in purchasing:

-The Love Boat

-Bonanza

-Happy Days

-Fantasy Island

-Silver Spoons

-Saturday Night Live

-Lassie

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The thing I don't understand about digital purchases, is that there isn't a roadmap to find where to buy them (if available). I'm not interested in streaming as I don't want to be bound to a service for life just to watch a random episode of a TV show I like. I want to buy the seasons digitally, and get out quickly, easily, and call it good.

Some of the shows I am interested in purchasing:

-The Love Boat

-Bonanza

-Happy Days

-Fantasy Island

-Silver Spoons

-Saturday Night Live

-Lassie

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Oops forgot to get back with you, but I didn't find much positive results from searching iTunes TV app. SNL was really the only one I saw represented there along with one season of Silver Spoons.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
JustWatch also has an app. I use it all the time.

I do too. But I found that their mobile app is much, much, much better than their app for streaming devices like Apple TV. The mobile app is better organized and contains at least twice as many providers/networks/distributors as the streaming device app. Not sure why.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sounds like you probably want more than what's currently available, especially for TV shows since they don't seem to have any equiv to MoviesAnywhere (to free you from being tied to one specific streaming provider).

You can always just buy the discs and rip to be stored and played back on whatever device and/or local NAS or something. That's also where software like Plex comes in (to handle playback from a NAS).

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks