What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm hoping it's there when I go home tonight, mine shipped on the 31st. No big deal as I can't watch it for a bit, and Star Trek II will get watched first anyhow...K-H-A-N.....!

rodney wiley

Second Unit
:thumbsdown: I just called Best Buy and mine wont be shipped until tomorrow. Im just gonna go buy one and then return it when it arrives.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I too just got off the phone with 1-888-BEST-BUY.
The helpful guy there said that the reason my order hasn't shipped yet is because WB/NL got wind that they had started shipping out unit last week, and put a stop to it. They were told that the condition of this particular item was that it could not ship until release date.
I explained how ridiculous it was that I would not have my order waiting at my house on street date, and told him to cancel it.
He explained that it was too late in the process to cancel it now, and that the items would definately ship out. He advised me to return them to the local store when they arrived.
I stated that I was inclined to go to K-Mart and take them up on their offer for $14.99 net price when purchasing with a 2nd DVD. I then asked what would happen to the BB.Com $10 digital coupon. He replied that those would e-mail out on the 8th, and that I would probably be receiving that mail before I could get and return the BB.COM ordered copy of LotR. He pointed out that I could potentially use the coupon before returning the ordered copy, and that it wouldn't impede the return process.
So there ya go. :D

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Well my copy has not shipped either & I was just thinking of calling BB after checking this thread.
Thanks David for answering the questions I had.
Makes no sense that any vendor would have to wait until release day to ship.
It's now probable that the disc will not arrive until next week. :angry:
I'm not going to wait that long, & will refrain from pre-ordering from BB in the future for anxiously awaited DVDs, games, etc.
I also don't like the fact that I can't cancel on-line.
Looks like I will do the return thing as well.
Todd

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I guess I have a better problem. (at least mine shipped)

Mine shipped last Tuesday, but still has not arrived.

Hopefully tomorrow...

-Chad

David Dennison

Second Unit
Mine shipped last Wednesday, but it still did not arrive today. BB got my hopes up for an early arrival by shipping it so soon. Now it better arrive tomorrow.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think I read in another thread (or maybe this one, in an earlier page) that Best Buy ships via USPS Media Mail for their "Free Shipping" offer. This is the lowest priority mail for USPS (unlike how other sites use USPS Priority Mail which gets to my house in 2-3 days).

Also, they have several hubs in the U.S. from which they ship, but even if one of them is in your state, your order may have shipped from a different one. Who knows why this happens.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Just got the e-mail mine finally shipped today.
I think Carlo is right regarding the media mail shipping.
E-mail states 3-10 days transit.
I am not going to wait for it to arrive, going out at midnight or tomorrow morning at the latest to buy locally.
The BB deal is really great if you can wait several extra days to a week to get it.
This is one title I just can't wait to have. :D
Todd

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm the opposite of all you guys jonesin' to get this disc. I have a hectic schedule and am not going to possible get to watch it until this weekend. So as long as it gets here by then, I'll be happy as a clam. :)
If it's not here by Saturday, I'll do the buy/return thing. ;)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Goh! Well I'll decide later today, if it shows up all's good if not perhaps I'll have my wife pick it up and I can just return it then :)
Brian

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Tony, if that's Media Mail, you got a good deal! I've never had a package that way in less than 6 days - its usually 7, or even occasionally 8! Chad's experience is much more like my own.
I also ordered on Aug 1st. Fingers crossed!
;)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Well, my status still says 'on order' I'm at home on disability... I might as well go pick it up, and return the other when it arrives.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
TimG, read a post of mine a few up. The BB dude said they get e-mailed out on Thursday the 8th. :)
I know, I type too much and you didn't want to scan through it all so you missed it. I'm used to it. :D

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
BB always emails out the digital coupons on the Friday following the release date. You may get lucky and get it Thursday, but the four I've got in the past have always arrived Friday.

Be looking for something to buy, the coupon has a short shelf life!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks