What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (1 Viewer)

James D

Second Unit
Patrick- I returned my preordered copy of Harry Potter after I found it for $9.99 at a B&M and it did not trigger the alarm system.:)

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

I haven't received my digital coupon either. My order and ship dates are identical to yours. I'll give it another day or two before I send them an email. BTW, what BB email address would we use if we end up having to send one?

Wade

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
My copy arrived in the mail on Thursday, & I received the digital coupon on Friday.
That is really not too bad.
I honestly didn't expect the dvd to arrive this week.

Todd

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You can go to this page at BB.COM to address general questions about any experiences at one of the stores (it is a form you fill out).
Use this page instead for questions or complaints about BB.COM experiences.
As far as it goes, though, my last corresponance by e-mail with one of their customer service reps shows all the e-mails they sent me, and which I replied to, were handled by the address [email protected] if you want to try that. YMMV.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Right or wrong here's what I did:

My status is still "on order", so I took the electronic coupon and placed an in-store pickup for the widescreen LOTR.

Picked it up and then cancelled the "on order" order. My final total was $7.something

That works for me. =)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Am I the only person who has not received their copy yet? I called Bestbuy and they said it would take 3 to 10 business days. My copy was shipped on August 5, so I hope the disc did not get lost.

James D

Second Unit
Paul-My copy was shipped on 7/31 and I just received it today.Don't give up hope-it'll probably show up Monday or Tuesday.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Dave, it's all about the social engineering. =)

They claimed it was getting ready to ship, just like they said the week before. Sounded like a line to me. So I asked that they TRY to cancel it. He put in the cancel request. I added if it does arrive, I'll just return it to a store. He said that's fine.

I'm not 100% sure it's going to be cancelled, but cancellation has been requested. It's up to the warehouse now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Huh, Jeff...I'll keep that in mind next time. :)
In the meantime, I ran by a little while ago and returned the BB.COM shipped stuff. A couple of things:
1) Yes, the security tag DID beep when I came in the door.
2) The packing slip which arrived with my order wasn't sufficient to find the order on her system. I'm glad I thought to take with me the printout of the acknowledgement e-mail, AND my screen-print of the screen that showed my order once I had placed it (before the e-mail showed up). Either one had the number she needed.
Other than that, it was simple, even pleasent. Didn't even need to pull out my credit card. :)

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
Well it is Monday and mine has not shipped as yet. In fact it still says submitted. I feel like I am in a submission hold. I do not want to cancel my order because I want the $10 coupon to buy the Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box. I do have my friends edition and have been enjoying the movie ever since. I hope I get sent the coupon and the movie before they update the order status and then cancel the order. Anyway just wishful thinking.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that if you have a spam filter on your email, you may not get the coupon! Luckily, I don't delete my spam folder automatically and I was able to fish it out :)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,

You mentioned "spam filter" and that has me wondering if perhaps it got flushed with all the other "junk mail" I get on my hotmail account. Could you provide the sending email address for the coupon?

TimG

Second Unit
I sent them an email asking about my coupon. Here is part of the reply I got:
Tim,
Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your digital coupon. I'm Barbara with Customer Care.
We appreciate your concern about your not receiving this coupon yet and we'd be happy to help you.
For these promotions, the digital coupons are sent out a few days after the release date. At the time of this promotion, the web site stated that the digital coupon would be sent out on or about August 8th. We encourage you to keep an eye on your email and you should be receiving your digital coupon within the next couple of days.
This was received yesterday. Not quite what I would call "...on or about the 8th".
TimG (Still waiting on my Damn coupon!) :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread