What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
When I returned it to the Store, the alarm wen't off as well.
They didn't think twich about it, likely becasuse 90% of the staff that works in front knows me :)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I still have not received my copy of LOTR in the mail yet. I am very pissed off and Best Buy won't do anything until it has been 10 business days. My copy supposedly was shipped on August 5 and I really hope it did not get lost. What happens if an item gets lost? Best Buy won't really say anything until the 10th business day.

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
I still haven't received my coupon. I've sent an email but have only gotten the computerized response which states that I can expect to receive a response from a Customer Care Representative within 24-48 hours.

Hopefully We'll get the coupon before the free shipping expires.

Wade

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished speaking with Alisha, from Best Buy customer service. She was actually very helpful and seemed to have prompt answers to my questions.

I informed her that I preordered LOTR, but have not yet received it. She stated my order date and informed me that it hadn't been the maxim 10 business days since my order - which was specified on their website. OK, I can accept that.

I then asked her about the $10 digital coupon. She said that a lot of people took advantage of the offer, so they were having some issues getting them all out. However, she did not feel like that was an adequate excuse. So she when ahead and opened a case on the issue and said that she would have another one sent out to me within 2 business days.

Funny thing is, that after I got off the phone with her, my mom called and let me know that I received a shipment from Best Buy. I forgot that I gave them my parents shipping address and not mine! :b

Oh well, hopefully, I get my coupon in the next couple days so I can order and take advantge of the free shipping!

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Allright! Finally got the digital coupon. Too bad I can't find the 4 disc version on the BB website now. I must be blind or something but I swear it was there before. Did they remove it so nobody could apply the $10 coupon towards it?

Wade

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

That'll teach me to narrow my search next time. I was searching for "Lord of the Rings". They have it listed as "Lord of Rings". I started the search from the main page and never clicked on the movies section.

Wade

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I posted the following in the FOTR dvd thread but thought it would also find relevance with the audience in this thread:
Bestbuy.com has dropped preorder prices for both 4 & 5 disc extended versions. The 4 disc version now sells for $24.99. The 5 disc set now sells for $48.99. These reflect $3 and $6 price drops respectively.
These prices are not immediately evident on the extended versions website. You'll have to place the item in your cart to view the latest pricing. Also, free shipping, albeit media mail, is still in effect.
I'm not sure if this is a permanent price drop or a result of bestbuy.com's current scifi/horror/anime online sale which ends at the end of today, Saturday. Regardless, it's a great deal, especially for those who received $10 digital coupons as a result of preordering the 2 disc version from bestbuy.com.

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

Hopefully you'll receive it soon.

Getting the coupon had nothing to do with the email I sent out. About an hour after I received the coupon I got an email from BB customer care explaining why the coupons were taking so long and then assigning me with a tracking number. It sucks that it's taking them so long to send these out.

Thanks for the info Peter.

Wade

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks