What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Mine shipped out last Thursday and arrived today! Just waiting for the coupon, Have they dropped the Free Shipping, Haven't look this week?

Wes

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Mine shipped out last Wednesday... but hasn't arrived yet, doh! I guess I can wait 1 or 2 more days for LOTR :)

David Dennison

Second Unit
My copy did not arrive today, so I had to make a stop at BB on the way home from work. I am too impatient to wait even though it will probably arrive in the mail tomorrow.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hah! I finally got an e-mail last night that mine shipped. It was sent 10 minutes after I went to bed. :p)

Be returning that as soon as it shows up...

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I ordered mine on Saturday and it still says that the order was submitted. I just hope I get my coupon by Friday, I want to get The Simpsons.

TimG

Second Unit
David, doh! I guess my eyes weren't connected to my brain. :b I got the email saying mine had shipped yesterday too. As long as it gets here before the weekend I will be happy.

TimG

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well mine showed up today, but I had my wife pick it up yesterday so I'll be returning this on to BB. What I want to know is why did they ship it from Ohio when BB is based in Minneapolis just an hour from me, they HAVE to have a closer warehouse then there.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Mine also arrived today:), taking a total of 6 days to ship via Media Mail. Since I was busy last night anyway, the extra day was worth the $10 e-coupon so that I can buy the Extended Cut for $18 (or lower if they drop the price near street date).
It would tick me off if they end the free shipping deal right before they mail the coupons, though. :angry:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mine arrived today as well (shipped on Friday). WooHoo! Been watching it all night! (just what I said I didn't have time to do)

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
If mine doesn't come today, I'm going to just buy it at Best Buy. Does anyone anticipate problems returning the mail-order Best Buy to the Brick and Mortar Best buy?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I returned my BB Online copy with the online recipt since it was dated for Aug 1ts and I don't want to have any problems come November when I get the gift set since the rebate coupon said it must be purcheased on or after Aug 6th :frowning:
It was just as easy as anything else I've had to return to BB.
Brian

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I still have not received my copy!! I am getting worried that it got lost or something. I have never ordered anthing from Bestbuy.com. Does it ususally take this long?

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
My digital coupon arrived about 10 minutes ago. I went right back to BB.com and preordered the 4-disc Extended Cut (don't need bookends or NG disc THAT bad) while free shipping is still on.
Total with tax: $19.40
less $4.63 rebate (gotta include the stamp:)) : $14.77
less a likely ~$3 price drop when it gets near to street date: $11.77
I paid $16.99 (including tax) for the 2 disc, so the net result is all 6 discs of foundation-shaking LOTR happiness for just under $29, delivered to my house. Sweet!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
FWIW I just received the BB email with the $10 coupon for preordering LoTR. Just in case anyone was still wondering when they would come in...

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I recieved mine today, shipped what looked like bulk rate mail on 8/6. Wasn't actually expecting it until maybe tomarrow if I was lucky, but I guess I'm luckier than I thought :) Also recieved the $10 digital coupon today.
For those who are interested, mine did include the $5/$10 rebate for the 4/5 disk november release. I was initially worried because there was no sticker or any notice of it on the outside packaging as others had reported, but it was right there inside.
So far I've only browsed some of the materials on the second disk, and everything is more than excellent so far. Even the trailers I've watched included generous doses of sub 100Hz content. Teaser 1 almost seems good enough to be used as short demo material since it sneaks up on you abit :)
OK, I'm off to actually watch it now :D :D :D If you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm probably just still re-watching it ;)

David Dennison

Second Unit
I finally received my copy today (it was shipped last Wednesday). Now I just have to get back to BB and return it (bought my copy at BB on Tuesday). :D

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
My copy shipped on Wednesday (it should arrive today). However, I still have not received my digital coupon as of this post. :frowning: This is strange everyone else appears to be getting theirs. Would this have something to do with when I placed my order? It was rather late (8-2-02).
Patience is NOT one of my best attributes. :b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For those that bought it at BB.com and also bought it in the store with the intention of returning the shipped copy, do you think you'll trigger the alarm because most likely the anti-theft magnet hasn't been de-activated, and would that cause BB alarm in exchanging it? Just pondering outloud.
BTW, I got my digital coupon yesterday, and I got the DVD in the mail as well.
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks