What's new

Lost: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This same compass was also one of the items that Richard "tested" John Locke with when Alpert visited him as a boy and asked John to pick out the items that were "...already his."

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I'm wondering if Jack is Jacob. This episode seems to be building towards that idea with the two time lines and the ending where Jack decides what to do with the bomb, and Locke and his people going to visit him. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of next week's episode, we get the reveal.

~T

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That would be interesting if Jack's actions put him in some kind of limbo state which is interpreted as Jacob.

But, if he was Jacob why would Christian have asked Locke to say hello to him when he was going back to the mainland?

For that matter, will Christian appear when Locke and company encounter Jacob?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was over on another forum and someone mentioned that when John saw Jacob he said "Help me." I forgot about that. So, perhaps killing Jacob is "helping" him from whatever trapped state he has been in? This would make more sense than John arbitrarily wanting to kill him - as it seemed.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I really like this show and this year has been particularly good. However, I think they have the gimmick with the 'Lost' logo backwards.

It goes from fuzzy in the beginning of the show to clear at the end.

I feel more clear at the beginning of the show and really fuzzy at the end. lol

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Locke probably has a slightly skewed take on being killed, since for him it's, been there, done that.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
This may turn into a bit of a ramble, but here are some thoughts and questions of mine...

(Just a note - there are no spoilers in this post, everything is just speculation and guesses on my part)

We still have not seen how/why Hurley decided to get on the Ajira flight. It seems odd that they would save his story for the season finale, or really odd if they are saving it for next year. I assume they will show us, as they have filled in the blanks for every other main character on that flight.

Speaking of the season finale, does anyone know if they are showing two episodes back to back, or is it one 2-hour episode?

Regarding Locke going to kill Jacob, I wonder if we shouldn't take that literally. He basically set up the fact that no one has ever seen Jacob, but everyone takes orders from Jacob through someone else. Locke obviously believes in the massive power of the island, so maybe he doesn't believe there is an actual "Jacob". So he now wants to show everyone that Jacob doesn't exist - effectively killing him.

I realize that Locke saw an old man in a chair in Jacob's cabin, and we were led to believe that that old man (Jacob?) said "Help me", so I'm not sure how my theory can reconcile with that.

Going further out on my limb, I'm wondering if Ben is going to be killed in the finale. In a way he's been marginalized, as the island warned him about hurting/killing Locke. Maybe he's run his course in the show? Maybe the "war" that Widmore was talking about is between Widmore and the what-lies-in-the-shadow-of-the-statue people, not between Widmore and Ben?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

I won't mind too much if they don't show in detail that bit. They've made it pretty clear so far that his "conversations" with "Charlie" are the reason he got on the plane. Even in this episode they showed him walking around with the guitar case. I wonder what's really in that case...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator

I'm with you Steve.

Richard seems a bit concerned with how much Locke seems to know and even stated to Ben that he may be more trouble than they originally thought. What we saw last night might be the start of a huge power-grab (Richard's people vs. shadow-of-the-statue-people). Locke now knows the true power of the island (he's been enlightened) and realizes Richard has been running a scam (The Long Con?).

Me and a friend were discussing this this morning and he mentioned an old Buddhist saying: "If you see Buddha on the road, kill him"

Meaning: No one person is Buddha. Buddha (God) is within each one of us.

Then it hit me. Locke's going to kill "the myth of" Jacob.

What about the voice in the cabin? Maybe it's actually an opposing force behind the island, but is being suppressed by the current powers that be (Richard et al.). Whatever it is, it sure is going to be fun watching this all play out.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

Maybe just to say hi to the other version of Jack. We see his dad and sister hanging around the cabin. Jack was the only one who could've saved young Ben but he didn't want to, but then Jacob was the one who saved him.

Also, Matthew Fox has been known to secretly play two separate characters.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

~T

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So that sub going underwater was about the worst CGI I've ever seen on a TV show. I think my PS2 had better graphics than that.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Funny you should say that. I was just watching it with my wife and she said "That's CGI!". I have never heard her say that about anything before.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit

Actually, I'm wondering if Richard is aligned with the shawdow-of-the-statue-people, if not their leader. Assuming the statue in question is the remainder of the 4-toed foot, Richard may have been around long enough to actually see the shadow of the statue - however many years ago that may have been.

On another note, have we ever seen the smoke monster (or evidence of it) prior to the present-day timeline? Has the smoke monster ever made its presence known in 1977 or earlier? If no, I'm wondering if the "incident" has anything to do with ol' smokey.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
which is one of the reasons why I mentioned how disappointed I was in the promo. There really was way too much information there. Some of it might be revealed in the opening minutes of the next episode, but still ....

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The TV Guide magazine for next week does have some insights as to what Locke is up to. So, depending on how you feel about spoilers you might want to (or not want to) read the Lost article there. (I presume this is also online somewhere as well.) The spoilers aren't completely explicit, but there might be enough to annoy some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks