What's new

Lost: Season 5 (2 Viewers)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm guessing part of the reason the O6 stuff is boring, is because we know (or are pretty sure) that they will be going back to the Island, whereas on the Island we've no idea what's going on.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Lost is a show I like to watch but not discuss. I don't even have a black dot until now. But, I have to say that Kate looked absolutely smashing tonight.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I loved it when Sawyer asked Locke why he didn't warn himself to save him from a world of pain, and Locke said he needed to go through that pain to get to where he is now. The "What the hell? You like being here in the middle of this?" kind of look Sawyer gave him was priceless.

Anyway, another great episode, but I agree, the island stuff is more interesting. That has alot to do with the left behind characters being the ones I generally enjoy more.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised that they revealed that as we all probably suspected, that the blood test threat to Kate was just done by Ben just to get her to want to leave. I thought we'd have another week to think that and they would confirm it next week. So, some things are moving quicker than I expected with the Oceanic 6.

The big mystery remaining with the Oceanic 6 is just who is attacking Sayid. I'd guess that Widmore or Oceanic are behind it because of all the people he killed on Ben's orders, but it would be nice to see that confirmed.

I also was glad to see Jin return. I wonder if he was unconscious during most of the previous flashes before ending up some 16+ years in the past with the French group. Did Danielle have any interactions with Jin before?

I noticed this too. Always thought she was cute, but she looked great in last night's episode. Not sure what it was about this installment.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
When they found the water bottle in the boat and it had a label of Ajira Airlines,
that is the same logo that has been subliminally put into the promotional music video of The Frays, which can be found on Itunes.
And it was also an intro by Ajira Airlines before one of the Lost official podcasts

Acording to Juliet
"Ajira it's an airline based out of India but they fly everywhere."

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am wondering why Ben went through the whole thing manipulating Kate. I would think that telling her that Sawyer's life was in danger might be enough motivation to get her to return. Now that she's found out that he was manipulating her, he just looks worse.

As for Sun, now we know that Jin is alive. Perhaps when the Others took Alex from Danielle, they found some writings that referred to him being rescued and mysteriously disappearing. This wouldn't mean anything until now.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

A big part of it for me is that over the last few seasons I've grown to really dislike Jack. His one note whiney character is really grating on me now, and I find myself hoping that he doesn't make it through the series alive.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I never understood this, but to each his own. Jack rules
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

But the boyscout always gets a bad rap, in favor of more "complex" characters like Locke and Sawyer. Bleh.

--
H

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe it's that, but it also seems like a lot of unnecessary drama. I get that Sun feels angry because Jin "died", but she seems far too cold now. I just worked it out in my head that maybe Locke/Bentham told her Ben was responsible for the freighter explosion (so maybe Locke leaves before meeting Jin?) since she couldn't have otherwise known. But does she really need to team with Widmore, the guy who was going to kill them all in the first place?

There's also a bunch of unnecessary drama between Hurley, Ben, and Sayid. It all just feels like it was injected in there to complicate things. Also, there's just far too much talk and too little action. Last season, we got just about the right amount. The O6 are rescued, we get a little bit of them talking about the idea of lying, and jump a few weeks later when they stage the "rescue". Good. But do we really need all these flashbacks to the six sitting on the boat and talking about the plan? We can easily fill in the blanks. Maybe I just never felt the "lie" was interesting outside of the Locke-Jack dynamic.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The scenes on the boat are used to explore different themes. Last week, Hurley's inability to hold a grudge, this week, Kate's love for jack, and how she can still let him in even though he screwed up. Remember, that dramatic "We have to go back!" scene from the S3 finale, where Jack looked like hell, only took place the night before.

I am enjoying the O6 stuff, it's moving surprisingly fast. I could be wrong but it's looking like they will be heading back within a couple of eps. I thought the entire season would be dedicated to exploring how Jack and Ben got everyone else to go back, the same way S4 was pretty much about how they got out.

If they do go back at all of course, which is not a given.

When they started rowing around the Island, I was hoping that the time hickups would allow them to see the whole of the 4 toed statue at some point.

--
H

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Kate is very nice back in the real world. :emoji_thumbsup:

So who's canoes were those? And not disabling the other canoe was one of the most boneheaded things I've seen in a long time.

So when are we now? All the Losties on the island are back 16 years? Or are Jin and the rest not in the same time?

I thought Jin couldn't interact with people from the past? This time travel stuff is a very fine line to walk. Please don't screw it up. :D

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper

All the crew and Jin are back 16 years ago at the same time. Remember Locke and co. found the wreckage of Rousseau's boat on the beach ("Anyone speak French?"), before it cut to Jin in the ocean. I think it's fair to say that Jin has been warping around in time with everyone else, just that he's been unconcious for all of it.

Why couldn't Jin interact with people from the past? The rest of the crew has been doing it all along this season. The only people they purposely avioded have been themselves in the brief sequence this episode.

Stan K

Auditioning

Can someone try to explain this? This one I'm not completely following. I can accept that Jin survived the explosion, but how are we to assume he has been hopping around time with everyone else - only passed out thru it all? How big was the "radius" around the island that pulled the people along, like the ones on the zodiac? The exploded boat disappeared when they moved, but Jin didn't? The helicopter was trying to make it back to the island before the island "moved", it had to be closer to the island than Jin was, but they didn't get pulled along? not sure about this one...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ha, I think you may have stepped into a plot hole there. :)

One could argue that Jin drifted into the Island's radius hours later, and then mad time-hoping Island re-appeared in the present for few minutes and swallowed him up at the next jump...

Or something.

--
H

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Jin got clear enough from the freighter to be in the radius. Maybe the island 'decided' to pull him along. If it has a reach that extends to Michael not being able to die last season, I don't have much trouble accepting that it can affect Jin's fate too.

Stan K

Auditioning

I will definitely give it the benefit of the doubt. It's a great show. Sometimes I find it is hard to make sense of all the time travel, but I have no problem suspending belief and just going with it. I'm sure I will have no problem excepting any explanation they give. I have faith they will put it together, I just wanted to point out my initial reaction.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I really enjoy this show but I hate the mis-communication that constantly happens. I just find it hard to swallow that Jack is not telling them that they are transporting dead Locke around town. Also Sayid should being saying that he has killed a bunch of people for Ben. I know it was brought up earlier in this thread but I feel like I am back in season 1,2 again.

I find the island part of the show to be much more fun which I didn't expect. The O6 are my favorite characters but Sawyer and Faraday are moving up the ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks