1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lou Sytsma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Jack: "Kate, you have to come back to the island with me and Ben."

Kate: "You're crazy!"

Jack: "No, I'm not... We've also have to take Locke's body back to the island too."

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

I found it particularily interesting the Ben has shown no concern at all about inculding Sun in his plot to get all the oceanic 6 back together to go back to the island.

He was very concerned about Hurley being taken away, and had lawyers come after Kate and Aaron.

But for all he knew, sun was half way around the world and he made no mention of her. We know as the audience that she is there in LA, but his lack of concern about her seems to indicate that he knows a lot more about her that you would think...

3. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Perhaps Widmore needs everyone to go back also.

4. WillG

WillG Lead Actor

What I'm wondering is why Faraday is not telling Charlotte, Miles and Juliet about needing a constant to counteract the hemorrages they are having (and evenutal death) Or, is there something else going on? Their lot losing their consciousness like Desmond did, plus, wouldn't the fact that they are jumping in time together make them all each other's constant?

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Maybe it has to do with them being born on the Island, moreso then them needed a constant?

Looks like we will get to see the Black Rock also, and hopefully the four toed statue?

6. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    [​IMG]

7. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

Not sure about the rest of the freighter wreckage but unless you are on the specific course heading to leave the vicinity (as the helicopter was at the time IIRC) then I think technically everything is in the radius of the island since it's impossible to ever leave otherwise.

8. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I'm still a bit confused about some Sun stuff. What's the deal with the photos of Jack and Ben she received, and what's up with the gun?

I suppose she intends to kill Ben with the gun, but who sent it to her?

And when is Faraday going to take off that freaking tie? (I lose my tie about two hours into a wedding reception [​IMG]).

Jon

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I could be wrong but I assume Widmore or his people sent all of that to her since Sun and Widmore are allied against Ben.

10. Stan K

Stan K Auditioning

OK - so the helicopter was on a specific course... wasn't the little Zodiac life raft also? Also, if that was the case the blown-up boat wreckage would've been in the radius. There has to be a different explanation.

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The freighter and the helicopter weren't in the radius but everyone in the zodiac and Jin were in the radius. I'm sure they're cheating a little with Jin being close enough but like I said before, it seems like the island can control things outside its own area so I think it pulled Jin along for the ride and left the freighter.

12. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    How do we know that the blown-up boat wreckage isn't time traveling? As far as I recall, we only know the smoke from her stack is gone. In other words, the reason Sawyer and Juliette do not see the freighter is that she sank.

13. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I didn't really think of it until now but I guess it possible that the boat did leave with the island but since no one was alive on it to be touching it, it's gone (like their camp, etc.). That would sufficiently explain how Jin managed to come along too.

14. Stan K

Stan K Auditioning

I'm really not trying to argue here, I just think there has got to be some other explanation, as in what the island wants/controls - not the whole radius thing...

15. Simon Young

Simon Young Stunt Coordinator

The explanation is pretty simple: neither the freighter nor the helicopter were within the radius, because they were not at sea level. The chopper was still in the air and the freighter had sunk. Presumably Jin threw himself overboard as the freighter exploded and he was submerged for a few moments. The undercurrents then took him towards the island, and he was just inside the radius when Ben turned the donkey wheel.

I'm not suggesting that only living objects at sea level were affected, but that the catchment area extended further horizontally than it did vertically. Perhaps.

16. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Or, it's a plot hole. A lot simpler than the excruciating logical contortions they always bring about from devoted fans. [​IMG]

--
    H

17. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

For Jin to have been in the radius of the island moving, it makes more sense that the freighter dissapeared when the island moved.

The people and anything that they are touching (their clothes, the zodiac raft, the gun that Sawyer now has, the new boat they found on the beach) is what is time traveling. When they noticed that the freighter was gone, it was because they had time traveled. If they travel back to the moment when the island dissapears, the freighter will still be there sinking. If the Oceanic 6 helicopter had gone back to the spot where the freighter was, it would be gone with the island.

18. Simon Young

Simon Young Stunt Coordinator

If it is a plot hole, it's one of the laziest ones I've seen. When the writers blew the freighter up, they clearly knew that Jin survived and would get involved in the time-hopping. Surely it crossed their minds that if the chopper was too far away (having turned back for the island moments after the explosion) then Jin would, without question, be too far away. They even had Faraday mention the concept of a radius. If they were going to simply gloss over this inconsistency, why make it so glaringly obvious?

19. Stan K

Stan K Auditioning

I agree, I'm sure there will be an explanation. I'm just not buying what has been theorized so far... but it's fun to see what people will come up with [​IMG]

20. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I don't discount the possibility of a rational explanation in the show. Just that the explanations bravely offered here haven't been terribly convincing so far, to me anyway. I don't have a better one either so it will remain a mystery or a plot hole till something better comes along.

--
    H