What's new

lost in translation (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not the movie...this is a site that translates from english to other languages and back into english and so on, ending up with an often hilarious result. anyone who knows what 'macho business donkey wrestler' and 'super karate monkey death car' means will enjoy this. my signature translates into "I remembered without the recognition of charlemagne of the mine. lasci my armies the cliff and the trees to be and the birds in the sky". if i check the button that says include chinese japanese and korean, it translates into "They are unexpected and they think about charlemagne of the mine. The new examinación of the sky, that one has my unit and this rock and the tree".

CJ

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
A classic used to be "The drinks are tasty, but the steak is spoiled."

Guess the proverb.

Cees

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You really don't even need another language in order to pull that one off.

A few weeks ago I did a spell-check with an Excel sheet. It got to the word Klingon and decided that it was misspelled, and suggested that I replace it with the word Clinton.

So, if you want to have some fun, get a Star Trek plot and try it out. Great fun!

Glenn

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
It was an attempt in the 50s to translate the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak on a big IBM computer. I cheated a bit, because it's not so much a proverb as a saying (and stemming from an ancient book).

Cees

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I would buy a DLP driven RPTV rather than a CRT based one.

Something would buy a RPTV, the one that was to league together of the DLP, when a flexible pipe that I based.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks