What's new

Lost AC Adapter for Cam corder (1 Viewer)

Sanjivnpatel

Agent
Hi;

I lost my AC Adpter for JVC Camcorder. Any idea where to get it cheap? JVC website post around $200. Camcorder itslef is only $350. Any website where I can buy it cheap? Thanks.

Sanjiv Patel

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Adapters are fairly pricey as you've found. Two basic options are open for a cheap solution.

1: Some battery stores sell aftermarket chargers (~$35-$100), usually some form of trickle charger that you would just attach the battery to and charge. You would always have to run the camcorder off battery without being able to use the adapter for charging or dubbing.

2: If you can find a local servicer that has a collection of trashed and salvaged units then you might be able to get an adapter fairly cheap. Price would vary with the rarity of the type needed.

If the camcorder is a few years old then one of these might work. If it's only one or two years old then you'll have trouble. It's hard (sometimes impossible) to charge custom Li-Ion batteries without a specific charger and servicers won't have any in their trash bins yet. If it's digital then you may never find an alternative because some manufacturers have no field service on digital models and all of them have to go to the factory for repair so no one has dead units around.

Sanjivnpatel

Agent
Thanks Steve. You hit it right. Mine is anew digital camcorder and couldn't find it. I guess I will try on ebay and see if someone is selling. Thanks for the reply.

Sanjiv

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks