What's new

Looking to upgrade to a new receiver... (1 Viewer)

ecoboost_xsport

Auditioning
Real Name
John
New here, so be gentle, LOL.

I've had a Yamaha RX-A850 for many years and am looking to get into a newer model. I really like Yamaha and would like to stick to the brand. What is their equivalent 2020/2021 model trim level to what I currently have?

One feature I'm very interested in these days is the ability to pair with my Bose bluetooth headset, so I can quitely watch my movies when the rest of the house is asleep, LOL.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Welcome to the forum John!

The current replacement model for the A850 isn't entirely clear, as Yamaha has blurred the lines a little. You also won't likely get much in the way of improvements unless you are missing features on the 850 that are needed.

I would say that you are probably looking for the Aventage RX-A3080 or RX-A2080, if you want to make a real step up. If your only goal is to support the bluetooth headset, I'd suggest just picking up something like this instead:

ecoboost_xsport

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Thank you...I was thinking about upgrading because of an issue I am having with the receiver. Not sure if it's beginning to fail on me or I've reached the design limits of the unit. I posted this issue in another thread just now.

Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks