What's new

Looking to buy Surround Sound System. New to it all. (2 Viewers)

NDyse10

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Hello everyone.

I am looking to purchase a surround sound system, but the problem is that I do not know a lot about surround sound/audio. I would consider myself fairly informed when it comes to TV's and video game systems, but I know little about audio.

Due to my budget I am thinking a HTIB is the way I am going to have to go. I figure I have anywhere from $500-$700 to spend, but I would prefer it on the $500 end if it came with everything I need.

Based off some reading I have done on this site I believe the best HTIB to buy would be the brand Onkyo as it comes with the necessary audio and video inputs/outputs. And it also comes with good subwoofers and speakers.

This is what I will be looking to connect to my reciever:

42 inch Samsung Plasma TV

Ps3

Based off what I have, would the Onkyo line be a good buy?

I am also looking for an Ipod Dock (that is compatible with the Itouch), so that I can listen to my ipod through my speakers.

Basically, what I am looking for is if someone could elaborate on Onkyo HTIB within the $500-$700 price range or if you have any other ideas that you think may be a good option.

Thank you

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Welcome Nick

It appears you have done some research as Onkyo HTib tend to be the most recommend systems on this Forum. It is because Onkyo includes a real receiver with their HTib systems that is usually a cut above the competition. I am not as familiar as others as to which of the Onkyo systems to recommend but keep in mind you usually get what you pay for.

With a $500 budget or less a HTib is may be your best bet. However, once you get over the $700 budget you might be able to assemble a component system on your own rather than purchase a more expensive HTib.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks