What's new

Looking for Help - Clipsch speakers etc. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrcpd

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hey Gang,

I'm currently taking the plunge and plan to upgrade our current family room with new television and surround sound system. I'm somewhat sold on a 46in Samsung 1080p LCD, however, need help in choosing a stereo system. I went to Best Buy and was blown away by the Bose System (Lifestyle V28) they had set up. The sound was amazing. Unfortunately, several other systems they had in stock were either not hooked up or weren't hooked up properly, making it difficult to judge anything other than the Bose. I'm considering getting a speaker system (front, middle, rear and sub) from Klipsch (possibly the HD Theater 1000) and a Yamaha receiver, as I've had them in the past and like the brand. I have budgeted some money to the project as it's obviously not going to be cheap. I, like everyone, want the most bang for my buck. I love deep rich sound with plenty of base. Can anyone make any recommendations to me prior to making any purchases? I'd love any imput on my ideas on speakers and receiver choices as well as recommended receiver power, HDMI ports, HDMI cords (how many I'll need and brands). I appreciate any advice you can offer and thank you in advance.

PS My room has a cathedral ceiling (10ft at highest point) and has a dimension of 15ftX17ft.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Admins and mods don't like folks posting multiple posts of the same question.
You probably should read the rules..............
Not fussing, just warning you that you'll probably hear from them.............

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

Ed is correct. If you could confine your post to just
one single area it would work out better for everyone.

I am going to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks