What's new

Looking for an Asian comedy (1 Viewer)

Dennis

Second Unit
I don't have much to go on but there is a scene in a restaurant, I think it's closing time because there are people cleaning, and one of the diners begins to choke and falls on the floor, everyone starts to panic and one of the employees tries to dislodge the item of food with a vacuum cleaner. I thought it was one of the funniest scenes ever. What is this movie?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
are you thinking of tampopo? bunch of crazy asians running around?

this movie is about a gal who is trying to start her own noodle shop and ends up hiring the assistant of the rich guy who was choking at the restaurant?

btw - wonderful movie...i've seen it several times.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
My Sassy Girl! I thought this movie was a really fresh change from the typical romantic comedy. It was great how they managed to go without any cliches or typical dialogue.

Dennis

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to look for Tampopo because it's closer to the time frame I'm thinking of. Yeopgijeogin geunyeo aka My Sassy Girl was released in 2001, the reviews for it are pretty good so I'll look into it also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks