What's new

Looking for advice on a new TV: TCL 6 Series vs Vizio P Series or something else? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That seems to be how the newer TVs are being designed these days. It didn’t make a difference for me but it’s not great if your stand is less wide than the set. It’s not a solid stand so you do wind up with a few inches below most of the TV to store stuff on your table.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
You can always buy a universal center stand from Amazon and mount the TV on that. I have a fairly narrow TV stand in my theater room, and I have always planned to do that if the time comes that a TV I want has that wide footprint with its own provided feet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looks like I might be shopping for a 2018 TCL Series 5 49" model this Fall. That's the biggest TV that fits my bedroom hutch. The 2019 models jumped to 50" which makes it 1/2" too wide to fit my hutch. (sigh) Or I'll have to start my research anew to find a good TV that's under 43.3" wide.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I was in a local Costco today and was surprised to see they are carrying the TCL 6 series, 65 & 55 inch. IIRC the 55 was $479.99 & 65 was $699.99

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s as low as I’ve ever seen the 6 - I paid $20 more. Nearly a year in and I’m still very very happy with it.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I bought a Vizio 65” V series TV a couple of weeks ago, and recently bought a Sony UBP
X800M2 player. I put it all together yesterday
(with a little help from my friends here at HTF).
The first UHD BluRay I watched is Mad Max:
Fury Road. More than satisfied with the video
:D

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
If anyone is still looking I got a Sam's Club booklet in the mail today promoting a One Day Sale on Nov. 9th. They are going to have the Vizio P-Series Quantum X(PX65-G1) for $979.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks