Looking for a refurb projector $500-$700?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by seanBeren, May 19, 2005.

1. seanBeren

seanBeren Auditioning

Hi,

I am in the market for a cheap projector. I am in Oz and going to order from the US as they are so much cheaper, so the warranty issue is not important for me. A refurbished model will still have a new bulb in it, correct?

So which projector should I be looking at for $500-$700?

I will be using the projector in a small room, not much of a throw distance at all (guessing 10-12 feet), mainly for watching DivX files and playing Xbox, and the occasional DVD. I have seen that the 6100 and the X1 are often talked about in this range, but are there others at this price point that I should be considering (remembering that I am happy to buy a refurb)?

Thanks for the help,

Sean

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Sean, I was going to highly recommend the X1, but you have a short throw there. What size screen do you want? I have a 106" diagonal(16:9) with my X1 from about 15.5 feet. The Benq 6100 is about the same throw I think. I know the Sanyo Z1 would be a good choice. I think it's $699 new. Check out Google.com.

3. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

4. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I have recently purchased a 46" rear projection set from Refurbelectronics and am very happy with the great service, knowledgable reps and the unit itself. I would suggest asking them what they might have, or going to their web site. Almost certainly they have front projectors.

http://www.refurbelectronics.com/