What's new

Looking for a refurb projector $500-$700? (1 Viewer)

seanBeren

Auditioning
Hi,

I am in the market for a cheap projector. I am in Oz and going to order from the US as they are so much cheaper, so the warranty issue is not important for me. A refurbished model will still have a new bulb in it, correct?

So which projector should I be looking at for $500-$700?

I will be using the projector in a small room, not much of a throw distance at all (guessing 10-12 feet), mainly for watching DivX files and playing Xbox, and the occasional DVD. I have seen that the 6100 and the X1 are often talked about in this range, but are there others at this price point that I should be considering (remembering that I am happy to buy a refurb)?

Thanks for the help,

Sean

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Sean, I was going to highly recommend the X1, but you have a short throw there. What size screen do you want? I have a 106" diagonal(16:9) with my X1 from about 15.5 feet. The Benq 6100 is about the same throw I think. I know the Sanyo Z1 would be a good choice. I think it's $699 new. Check out Google.com.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have recently purchased a 46" rear projection set from Refurbelectronics and am very happy with the great service, knowledgable reps and the unit itself. I would suggest asking them what they might have, or going to their web site. Almost certainly they have front projectors.

http://www.refurbelectronics.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks