What's new

Looking for a reciever....any advice (1 Viewer)

BradStoodley

Auditioning
Hi y'all ,

I'm just beginning, and am on a budget. I just bought Fluance AV-HTB speaker set. Now I'm looking for a decent (but inexpensive sub) and a reciever. Suggestions?? I'm looking for something in the 300-400 dollars Canadian range (I can upgrade later when I have more money). Thanks!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Welcome

For the money, I still stand by the Pioneer 811. Great receiver for the money. Should be available for under $400 online.

Good luck!

Alfer

Chris Clarno

Agent
Real Name
Christian
I'll second the 811. Solid entry level unit. The Kenwood VR-6050 and VR-6060 are similar in value for dollar. these can be found for $300-500

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second the Kenwood 6050. Great receiver, tons of features. Confusing remote the only drawback I can see, but once you get used to it, it's fine :)

DavidQc

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a home theater newbie.
:D

So far, I'm loving the Pioneer VSX-D811S.
Currently retails for $298 at Best Buy.

Through a friend, it came out to $150 for me.
:D

Great receiver.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Cagri

Second Unit
I have just added a Sony SA-WM 40 to my setup based on the reviews and reccommendations from the forum. Wow! It is incredible value for money. I have a large room, and it shakes the glasses. I haven't done the modifications, will be much better after doing them I guess. It just doesn't look good for my liking, but hid it under a coffee table and all OK now.

Cagri

Second Unit
By the way, Brad, I will have to disagree on Kenwood VR6050. I own a VR5050 which has identical amplification with 6050. Although it is a good entry level receiver, it lacks power and if you have a largish room you may not find it adequate. I sold my 5050 today and will buy a Denon 1603 tomorrow. Don't know how 6060 is, but stay away from 6050.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks