What's new

Looking for a new TV (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
We are looking to buy a new tv. We are looking for a rear projection TV between 46" and 57" our budget is $2000 CND. It doesn't need to be high def. but it needs to be able to play DVD's in Prog. Scan. can anyone reccomend some brands or specific models that might suit our needs?

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hey PeterK, I am looking into a similar thing for a similar budget. I have narrowed my choices down to Hitachi or Panasonic, which seem to be the best two models out there.

You may want to check out the Panasonic PT-53X54 or the Hitachi 51F510, both of which will be around CAN$2300.

Best Buy just had the Panasonic PT-47X54 on for $1999 with a free HiDef satellite or cable box.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Thanks Robin ;) the panasonic 53" interests me. On the future shop website it shows the Pt 52x54 is only $1999. link Also I thought you might take a look at this and tell me what you think.link It seems to be just as nice as the panasonic.

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
The Panasonic model you link to is the PS53wx54. This is apparently a rebadging of last year's model. There have been some improvements over this model for the new X54 series, so I wouldn;t get this one.

The new model is link although FS only lists the 47". The 53" is going to be roughly $2300-2400 (according to a Best Buy sales dude)

I would avoid RCA like the plague, I have yet to be impressed by any of their products.

FYI, here's the Hitachi I am considering:
link

Good luck. Best Buy looks like the best place to buy right now as they have the free hi def receiver/satellite or free home theatre in a box system (although its a crap one). Some FS models offered hi def satellite as well.

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks