What's new

Looking For A Good Cheap Subwoofer! (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I agree with Adam on this one. If you already have a sub, save some money and get some quality. Each piece of equipment I have purchased has not been the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. Look for something in the middle. I'm not unhappy with anything I've gotten. I purchased a JBL PB-12(12" & 250 watts) for my ht which is 14x25x7 and it works great. I got it for $299 online. Its worth it to wait a little longer and get something that will please for some time.

EugeneR

Second Unit
If you can find a good deal on an AudioSource SW-15 it may not be a bad choice. It is boomy out of the box, but a few tweaks using parts from PartsExpress (Sound dampening material sheets glued to the inside, foam, etc.) make a world of difference. "Tweaked out" the sub is tight and pretty powerful; it is no SVS of course, but an excellent value for the money. It will shoot one of those Sony SA-WM40's arcross a room, guaranteed.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks