What's new

looking for a decent 5.1 setup (1 Viewer)

PeterN

Stunt Coordinator
I've done a lot of reading and a lot of searching. Just wanted to make a post to help narrow down the choices.
I'm using a Denon 3802 in a pretty decent sized living area but am limited on space. Does anyone have any recomendations on a good 5.1 setup for $500 - $800. I don't watch as many movies as I use to so I really don't want to break the bank. Just want something better than you're average HTIB setup. Also, not sure if this helps, but I listen to a lot of rock music.

Thanks for all the help.

Emile

Agent
The Athena .5 speaker system has had numerous glowing reviews, from winning product of the year award from goodsound to reviewers choice award from sound and vision. Though I have not personally heard this specific system I have heard their big brother, the Audition series. The Audition series sounds really great, laidback but at the same time very expressive. The sub in the .5 system is supposed to be good for music precisely because its punchy and quick. This system sells in my area at the local discount music store for $530, add the stands and that's only $90 more. If you want to see all the positive reviews go to their website www.athenaspeakers.com and click on press reviews. This is the system I am getting for my dad, hope that helps.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor

Glenn Mcc

Grip
I have energy take 5.2 with an 8 inch subwoofer and powered by a Denon 1803. The room size is 25 X 19 and it rocks the room. My wife is always yelling, "turn it DOWN"!!!!!!!!! The energy speakers can handle the punch full volume no noticeable distortion. You can purchase the system 4 bookself speakers center channel and sub for around $650-$750.

Good luck

PeterN

Stunt Coordinator
guys, thank you for all your help. I'd like to have a decision made soon. I'll let you guys know what I do.

-peter

Alan M

Second Unit
Ill throw my 2 cents worth in.Try the fluance sx-htb system.Close your eyes ,and you'll swear you spent $1000 on speakers.Ya,they sound that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks