What's new

Disney+ Loki (2021) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This also eliminates a conflict with the Disney+ Premier Access release of Black Widow on Friday, July 9 so that they won't drop those simultaneously.

The Disney+ summer schedule also includes the exclusive run of Pixar's Luca on Friday, June 18 and Monsters at Work beginning Friday, July 2. So it's probably smart to spread things around the week and not have several major projects all launching on Fridays.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I’ll likely still be waiting until Friday nights to watch, but moving away from Fridays for release makes sense because of the shift back to more new movies coming out on Fridays as we move through Spring into Summer.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I’ll likely still be waiting until Friday nights to watch

How do you plan to avoid spoilers for that long? (This is a serious question, not trying to be flippant.). I'm not talking about here because most people are pretty good about putting spoiler warnings candor tags. But I find that I can't hang out online until after I've watched the latest episode of a Marvel show unless I want to get spoiled.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
How do you plan to avoid spoilers for that long? (This is a serious question, not trying to be flippant.). I'm not talking about here because most people are pretty good about putting spoiler warnings candor tags. But I find that I can't hang out online until after I've watched the latest episode of a Marvel show unless I want to get spoiled.
I don’t think it’ll be too difficult for me. I’ll handle it the same as when a big movie opens on a Wednesday or Thursday but I don’t see it until Friday or Saturday. I’m not a fan of social media, so I’m not concerned about stuff leaking there. And I’m fine with treading cautiously at places like this for a couple of days.

I prefer to not be spoiled, but if something slips by it won’t be the end of the world.

I just don’t generally do serious movie watching or watch “special” TV shows on work nights. It’s not a hard rule, and I’ll make exceptions, but it seems to be how my entertainment consumption preferences play out. I will be taking Fridays off for half a year in June and July (and then September through December). So I may wind up watching these on Thursday nights.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here's the announcement video with Tom Hiddleston that Sam mentioned:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
This also eliminates a conflict with the Disney+ Premier Access release of Black Widow on Friday, July 9 so that they won't drop those simultaneously.

The Disney+ summer schedule also includes the exclusive run of Pixar's Luca on Friday, June 18 and Monsters at Work beginning Friday, July 2. So it's probably smart to spread things around the week and not have several major projects all launching on Fridays.
Not to mention the Bad BAtch will be premiering new episodes on Friday through August 13th.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

I'm not the one you're asking, but I'm not a spoilerphobe. I don't search out spoilers, but I don't avoid them, either.

On the other hand, watching Loki on Odin's Day :D won't be a problem for my wife and I. Currently, the only things I watch that evening are the three Chicago shows, and they'll be through for the season by the time Loki comes out.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not the one you're asking, but I'm not a spoilerphobe. I don't search out spoilers, but I don't avoid them, either.

On the other hand, watching Loki on Odin's Day :D won't be a problem for my wife and I. Currently, the only things I watch that evening are the three Chicago shows, and they'll be through for the season by the time Loki comes out.
I never look for spoilers but my problem is that when I see a spoiler on a news site or a commercial in my Facebook feed, it's a big one. You'll see a dumbass headline like "*SPOILER*'s Emotional Death" with a picture of a character. To be fair, they didn't tell me who died but they told me someone dies which is a close second place to flat out saying who it is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I never look for spoilers but my problem is that when I see a spoiler on a news site or a commercial in my Facebook feed, it's a big one. You'll see a dumbass headline like "*SPOILER*'s Emotional Death" with a picture of a character. To be fair, they didn't tell me who died but they told me someone dies which is a close second place to flat out saying who it is.
Right, or it’ll be an article featuring an actor from the show who just was killed off. Lost was notorious for this, as every actor who was being written off the show would have an interview scheduled on ABC for the next morning, so if you saw the commercial that said “Tune in to Good Morning America for [Actor ABC’s] incredible journey on Lost,” and you’d know their character died.
Oh, and if anyone is avoiding spoilers, STAY AWAY FROM TWITTER.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, I stayed up until midnight again to watch the premiere. I don't want to say anything spoilery so I will hold off on specific comments until more people around here have watched it. But I will say that I thought it was really good. Much of the premise of the first episode is clear from the trailers, but I was still interested in seeing what this setting is like how Loki reacted to being here. I am really excited to see where this goes next week.

The first thing shown at the very beginning of the episode is the scene from Endgame where Loki picks up the Tesseract. I don't think it is a spoiler to say that because we've all seen it and you will recognize where you are immediately. Then we go from that recap of sorts directly into the story of the show which explains where Loki went next.

I mention this because it means that the Avengers cast is technically in this episode, albeit in previous footage that is being reused. Because of course I have already seen this scene many times, my mind wandered a bit. I started to wonder if the Avengers cast are going to get some sort of residuals for the use of this scene in this episode. They didn't actually shoot anything new for it, but it does technically represent a new use of their pre-existing work. So I thought, "Huh."

Then of course Loki disappears, as he always does in that sequence, and we went into the new story. So my "huh" was momentary because I stopped thinking about contractual business as soon as I was looking at new footage.

That's what I can say without spoiling anything new.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Very good intro into the wild and crazy world Loki now finds himself in!

Was thinking about Robert Redford not being shown when they were recapping that pivotal scene from Endgame where Loki escapes with the Tesseract. Why? Possibly for the same reason you mentioned, Jake, regarding residuals.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched the first episode and will refrain from posting my opinion until I watch another couple of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks