What's new

Limousine - What to tip driver if anything? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
My wife and I are about to take a limo on the town in a few weeks. The fee for the limo includes a 15% gratuity already added in. So do I still give the guy some money after it is over or what? I don't want to stiff the guy but I feel just stupid having to pay the tip twice.

So what do you think? If I should, how much?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I wouldn't, unless you thought his service was worth more than 15%... If the tip is already in the price asked, then the driver should also know that and should get his/her tip via the company he works for.

Jay

CRyan

Screenwriter
Thanks. I suppose I will just wait and see. I know it will just feel odd not handing him something.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Rule #1: Always tip service people something extra if they perform the service well, it shows that you appreciate what they do and that you have some class.

LewB

Screenwriter
If you're gonna be spending time with the guy (on the town says in and out of the limo all night, not just to the airport and done) I'd throw the driver a twenty early in the evening if they didn't seem like an a-hole.
To my mind, it could help get better service and I don't trust the fact that they will get their gratuity from the limo owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks