Limousine - What to tip driver if anything?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by CRyan, Jun 12, 2006.

1. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

My wife and I are about to take a limo on the town in a few weeks. The fee for the limo includes a 15% gratuity already added in. So do I still give the guy some money after it is over or what? I don't want to stiff the guy but I feel just stupid having to pay the tip twice.

So what do you think? If I should, how much?

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I wouldn't, unless you thought his service was worth more than 15%... If the tip is already in the price asked, then the driver should also know that and should get his/her tip via the company he works for.

Jay

3. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Thanks. I suppose I will just wait and see. I know it will just feel odd not handing him something.

4. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Rule #1: Always tip service people something extra if they perform the service well, it shows that you appreciate what they do and that you have some class.

5. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

If you're gonna be spending time with the guy (on the town says in and out of the limo all night, not just to the airport and done) I'd throw the driver a twenty early in the evening if they didn't seem like an a-hole.
    To my mind, it could help get better service and I don't trust the fact that they will get their gratuity from the limo owner.