What's new

Liberty Optical Cable (1 Viewer)

Ron.T

Agent
Hi Guys,
I just have added the Sony DA2ES to my system and am getting it set up. I have about a 16' run between my DVD and receiver. A local store has some Liberty Optical cable that they are closing out. It is 6 meters long and costs $39.00. I know nothing about this stuff yet so am asking you if this is any good at all. Thanks for any input.

Ron

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I am sure it is fine. I don't think you will find a difference between digital optical (light) cables like you will with RCA's or any "wire" type cable. So if it looks good to you, I would get it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Optical will work, but for a run that long, I would go with a coaxial digital cable. I prefer coax in general vs optical, and there IS a difference between the two, but not night and day when comparing two equally priced cables of each type. The things you want to look at are the ferrules on the ends where they connect to the receiver/source - large solid looking (brass would be nice) vs tiny, cheap plastic is a good thing. A heavier jacket to protect the fiber is good also, as fiber is easier to damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks