What's new

How much to ask for my PS2 bundle and games? Advice please! (1 Viewer)

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Hi guys,

I am in a kind of tight spot with money right now, and am considering selling my PS2 setup. I realize I won't get near the money that I put into it, but I do need to consider selling it at least. Here is what I have:

PS2 (bought in summer of 2001)
Monster Optical cable
Monster Component cables
(2) Sony controllers
(1) Sony memory card

And these games:
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Grand Theft Auto III
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
Devil May Cry
Onimusha
Star Wars Starfighter
Final Fantasy X
Silent Hill 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
NHL 2002
(the last 5 games were played probably less than an hour each.)

What do you all think would be a fair price to ask for everything? I am trying to decide whether I could get enough for it all to justify selling it, or if I couldn't get enough for it where it would be worth more to me to keep it, if that makes sense. Any advice you all could give would really be appreicated, thanks!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'd think $400 or $450. It would be tough to get much more than that though. A good deal of those games can be bought for 20 new, so used ones should factor a bit less.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Glen

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
One thing is for sure--DO NOT GET CASH VALUE AT A MAJOR CHAIN! Places like Gamestop and Babbage's are terrible places to sell video games for cash. I always use eBay and have great success. If I was posting this as a package, I would put a "Buy It Now" price of $450-$500 and if no one bites, let it go to the auction.

If you need a certain price, be sure to set the reserve price at that level (if you will not take less than, say, $350, set that as the reserve price. If no one meets that price, the auction is cancelled). Another option is half.com but I prefer eBay.

The big question for me is whether you will get a higher price selling everything as a package or individually. I debate this with people quite a bit, but since most of your games are older, I would sell the entire thing as one bundle. Good luck and keep us posted!

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I'm bumping this just to see in anyone has any other opinions or advice to help me make up my mind.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I caculated in my head and estimated around $250, $300 tops. Remember you are talking about used stuff and most of those games are greatest hits.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
If you do decide to sell, sell pieces instead of the whole thing at once. It's more work but you'll always get more when its broken down in to chunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks