What's new

Let's talk theater seating (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
How are y'all liking your HT seats after over a year usage now?

I'm considering just getting a row of 3 w/ loveseat (probably right side) of one of the Seatcraft premium leather series (choosing between nearly identically priced Grenada, Venetian, Rialto w/ Flip Arms and maybe Sienna) probably from TheaterSeat.com to replace our broken down, inexpensive IKEA leather sofa. Yes, this will actually be in our livingroom HT (w/ modest FP setup), not dedicated HT room, so only space for 1 row of 3... while probably leaving a little space behind for very sporadic use of some IKEA leather bar stools (w/ backs... and of course, the wall) when needed -- there will also be 2-3 additional seats outside the surround sound field w/ decent enough view of the projected image due to our relatively open living space.

Wondering if anyone has additional thoughts/insights on the various lines of HT seating in the same ballpark price as the Seatcraft ones I'm already looking at. Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to check any of them out in person and kinda need to buy very shortly since I'm replacing our broken down sofa. So any help or input would be much appreciated...

_Man_

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I like mine, but I will say I erred a bit on look over comfort. Don't do that. Don't buy on price either. Buy the most comfortable ones you can get that are rugged. Some of the seats I sat in had way better back support than the ones I bought, but these look a million times better to me. I'll ride them out for 20 years, but next time I will lean way more towards overall comfort, both upright and leaned back.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Finally ordered the Seatcraft Rialto 3-seater w/ 1 fliparm via 4Seating.com's Presidents Day sale (for $1720 shipped). 4Seating is apparently the same company as TheaterSeat.com which I found out by calling the latter. And they've been out-of-stock all this time (since circa mid-Jan) and still won't have stock for another ~3 weeks, so gonna be waiting some more...

The Rialto series looks very similar to the Palliser Pacifico that Charles showed in above post (a year ago), except I added a fliparm seat section (that's ~1/2 the width of a regular seat, but non-reclining) in place of 2 middle arms.

_Man_

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I bought these at Sam's Club. They were originally $350.00 each but I picked up an additional two for my rear row a few days ago at $299.00 each. They're motorized, plush and include built -in trays, cup holders and also 120V and USB charging inside the armrests. For the price I would highly recommend these if you can find them.

upload_2018-2-21_18-19-2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks