What's new

Let's talk Football Movies (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
With mere hours to go before my beloved Eagles take on the Chicago Bears, I got into a discussion with a friend about football movies, and I thought I'd continue the discussion here. I've ranked all the football movies I could think of from best to worst. Let me know of any that I missed, and what your favorites are. (TV movies do NOT count, so no poking fun at me by mentioning Link Removed!!) :laugh:
North Dallas Forty
Everybody's All-American
The Longest Yard
Semi-Tough
Rudy
The Best of Times
Wildcats
Any Given Sunday
All the Right Moves
Necessary Roughness
The Program
The Replacements
The Waterboy
Varsity Blues
Remember the Titans
Little Giants
Non-football movies which had memorable football sequences:
Jerry Maguire
Forrest Gump
M*A*S*H
The Last Boy Scout
Lucas
Christine
Flash Gordon :)
School Ties
Bring It On

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I have to disagree with your list. You put Little Giants at the bottom of your list while you put Necessary Roughness in the middle of the list. What is up with that Scott? Necessary Roughness is nowhere as good as Little Giants. Sure, Litte Giants is a bit corny at times, but it has some nice preformances from Rick Moranis and Al Bundy :). Shame on you, Scott.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
In case you didn't believe me:
0788812432.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That's what happens when your team owner is a film producer!! Yes, it's true: Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie was behind such films as Sweet Heart's Dance, Foxfire (NOT Firefox!), V.I. Warshawski and I Love You to Death.
Go Eagles!

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I have to disagree with the low ranking of "Remember The Titans" I saw it as just as much of a relationship movie as football. I enjoyed it as much and more than some of the others listed.

BTW The Bears and gonna clip the wings of the Eagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks