What's new

leave it to beaver (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The character was a mistake - his only purpose was to get The Beav in trouble, and the best thing for the series was when he was written out.
I always liked Larry. I thought he was actually much more likable than Gilbert or Richard. They were okay too, but not as much as Larry.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The character was a mistake - his only purpose was to get The Beav in trouble, and the best thing for the series was when he was written out.
I'm with Tim about Larry and felt he was much more likeable than Gilbert or Richard.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm with Tim about Larry and felt he was much more likeable than Gilbert or Richard.
Madge Blake was good too as Larry's mother, although I think she was a bit too old to play his mother(no offence toward her). She was a fine actress and I did enjoy her.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think all of Beaver's friends were kinda jerks who always would get him in trouble. :laugh: Then again, if Beav didn't get in trouble, there's no episode.
I disliked Larry and the way he was written. They made it sound as if his mother yelled at him all the time and when his father was at home, Larry always got hit with the strap. It got old

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

METV Remembers Tony Dow.jpg

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary

View attachment 146866
There is also a marathon on fetv that started at 9 am and runs until 4 pm today.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Segment from the just completed episode

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I disliked Larry and the way he was written. They made it sound as if his mother yelled at him all the time and when his father was at home, Larry always got hit with the strap. It got old
His mother always mentioned that the father was in Cincinnati I guess for business trips. Sounds like he spent quite a bit of time away from home. I still liked Larry even though his mother was always getting headaches, but I don't think it was always because of him. She just seemed like someone who worried about things a lot.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I noticed that the Season 1 DVDs are very grainy compared to the other five seasons. The indoor scenes are especially bad.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The show is almost 70 years old. I did not notice that when I got the shout releases

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks