What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Joe, just order it now from there and even if the price goes up, when its back in stock they will honor it. Ive tried it before on amazon and they honor the sale price. Anyway, i have season 1 at least a year, and i wish they had that nice season 1 price for season 2 . I might cave in before the new year and get season 2 regardless of the price.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

There's nothing wrong with wanting to save as much money as you can. Thank goodness for Costco. I have finally snatched up many series there I never thought I'd get, based on their prices. The original, 7-disc X-Files sets which retailed for over $100 each for $29 each. Star Trek for $44 each. The complete M*A*S*H set for $124.

Hopefully they'll carry more Universal series. The Costcos that I frequent don't seem to carry many of them.

But I still think the height of Universal over-charging was the first season set of The Munsters at $59.98. Yikes!!!

BrianP

Supporting Actor

J&R.com had them for about a dollar more during their online black Friday sale. I pounced on them when I saw them at that price since it was at the top of my wish list for television series.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone I thought I would throw out a glimmer of hope on the next season release of the beav.There is a website videoeta.com that added Leave It To Beaver season 3 to their future tv on dvd release section. of course they do say that they are speculating that this will be released in the near future. The reason this gives me hope is that they said the same thing about 6 months ago about Happy Days season 2 and wkrp in cincinnati season 1.and tvshowsondvd has reported in the last several weeks that both of these shows could be possobly coming soon. crossing my fingers on this one.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I am convinced that this show has simply gone to a yearly schedule, instead of 2 a year.I believe season 3 will arrive sometime in May , afterall thats when the last one came out.

JeffZ80

Grip
Real Name
Jeff

Thanks for the update. A link exists on the referenced web site for the complete Leave it to Beaver series on DVD. Obviously not an official release. Does anyone know how sources such as this can blatantly advertise such products without being sued for copyright infringement? And here I am worrying about selling a few vids on EBAY!!

Referenced link: ontheweb-offer.com/rd_p?p=113082&t=2355&c=525655&gift=18382&a=18382-leave%20it%20to%20beaver

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Thought it was time to bump this back up to the front page. We are nearing "D-Day" as to whether or not Universal will bring us Season 3 within that one year window some of us had talked about. Right now Universal is releasing DVD news about their April offerings, so next up is May. And it was May of 2006 when we last got a LITB release. I hope and pray we hear some good news in the next few weeks. If we get through the month of February without any release news concerning this series, I'll be extremely concerned about the future of this show on dvd.

Gary "still hoping Gord or someone will tell us whether or not Universal felt LITB didn't have good sales" O.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
If season 3 isn't annouced within the next few weeks.Then forget about even having a once a year release.Or perhaps never seeing another release period.
Like other uni titles Adam12. Dragnet.Quincy and Kojak all appear to be one and done.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

That's exactly what I mean. It's definitely something of a concern.

Gary "I've never done this with any studio, but if Universal doesn't continue to release this show I may have to boycott them completely" O.

P.S. I know, I know. It won't make a difference to them at all. But I may still do it just on principle because it's tops on my list of tv titles Universal owns.

P.P.S. Shoot! I just remembered they own the rights to "The Six Million Dollar Man", so that might make a boycott tough. Trying to think of any other shows they own that would be "must buys" for me, but nothing else is coming up in my mind.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Gary, I hope LITB continues as well. One thing I've seen in the TV/DVD business....it's unpredictable. So I wouldn't give up on LITB. As "Yogi" said, "It ain't over till it's over" :)

As for 6M$M, well, if I had that much $$'s, I might be willing to pay those lawyers involved in the legal entanglements about this series to get it released on DVD. Speaking of Uni's "must-buy's", ever consider the Bionic Woman series?

Jeff "I believe we will see more of LITB but as far as an R1 release for either Bionic series....we may be colonizing Mars before that happens" W.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Amazing, Gary. I had every intention of doing the same thing last night but got distracted by something else.

LitB is THE TV on DVD series for me. I'm right there with everyone else hoping that S3 makes it into the pipeline.....sooner rather than later. But, I'll take "later", too. ;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Correct me if im wrong, season 2 came out late may 2006.So they could announce season 3, in the beggining of april for a late may release.So dont panic yet.

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I can't believe they'd forsake this American Institution after only two seasons. Keep in mind it's still running on TVL occasionally, so that's proof there is still demand out there.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just a bit of conjecture on my part but I would think that since Universal released two seasons, that means that the first LITB wasn't a sales disaster for them and indicates that there's a better chance of the show continuing on with DVD releases. Unfortunately, Dragnet, Kojak, etc. didn't even come close to their sales goal if they didn't release a second season.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Because we are talking about universal anything is up for grabs.We may get season 3. we may not Their does not seem to be any pattern when it comes to the next season of a dvd set. Except in a few occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks