What's new

LCD TV backlighting problem (1 Viewer)

lguser

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hi,

I just bought a LG LCD TV.
it seems that the backlighting is seeping out from the panel side as shown in the picture below.
Is this phenomonon normal?
I have the shop change a new set for me, but 3 days later, the same thing happen again, but not as obvious as the first set.
Thanks for any help

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
if you're looking mostly at the "kink" a little to the right of the LG logo, that looks more like something pressing hard against the LCD panel itself, distorting the "sandwich."

Not sure what you can do about it, particularly if it "develops" on its own while properly mounted.

lguser

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex

yeah, u r right... it look light the casing is pressing hard on the panel.... btu I already exchange this with a new set, the same problem, though not that bad, persist, so I wonder is this "normal" with all LG panels :crazy:

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
We've an LG in an office setting at work; have had it for maybe 8 months now, with no problems like that. It's really strange that you've got it with two samples now...

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks