What's new

law & order - season 3 on DVD? (1 Viewer)

AndreaSK

Auditioning
hi folks

after watching season 1 and 2 of law & order (regular), I'm wondering about a release date of season 3 on DVD. :)

does anybody know if it'll be released soon? or maybe universal changed their mind and will not continue to release the old seasons (what I _really_don't_hope_ ;-))?

I'd appreciate any infos ;-)

thanks a lot

cheers,
andreas

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No info yet either way. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything; we didn't have a clue that Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries were on-the-way until Universal formally announced them this morning! L&O future seasons may also be a last-minute surprise whenever they get announced, so it's not a gloom-and-doom thing that we don't know.

AndreaSK

Auditioning
ok, thank you.

well at least there is no negative statement from universal about further releases of the old L&O series.

as universal germany told me, they won't even release 'L&O - the second year' in german. :-(

so I keep waiting for season 3 US DVD.

thanks a lot

cheers,

andreas

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
What about the newer seasons -- are they planning to release those in parallel as well, or is it just as much a mystery as the older ones?

Ted

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mystery, Ted. No word lately on ANY L&O sets. Probably they are coming, and the studio just doesn't feel the need to talk about it.

This might just be me, but I expect an old season next, followed by a new season, then an old, etc...

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
why would anyone want to watch the series in a 2, 14, 3, 15,... pattern? I guess it takes a movie/tv studio to make a mess out of a simple concept such as continuity. What will they think of next to drive fans nuts?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Oh, bite your tongue! If you ask that question, the studios will surely think up an answer we won't like! :eek:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, if you look at the boxes, you can see that the early seasons and later ones have slightly different trade dress; Universal treats the "catalog L&O" and "recent L&O" as two seperate release tracks.

And, besides, continuity? This is Law & Order we're talking about. Continuity may be present, but it's certainly not important here.

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

It is important to me ;) It is quite interesting to see how the main characters develop, even though the show is not strictly about them. Plus, the earlier seasons were SOOOO much better, I would rather have them sooner instead of the later ones.

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator
I too am baffled by the release pattern of 1, 2 >>>>14.
It drives me nuts! I am really anxious to buy all of the earlier years. The first 2 were superb. Dzundza was amazing in year one. Shame he decided to quit. Moriarty is excellent. Even Noth does an good job!
BTW, I've a similar issue with SVU. They release Season 1 and then Season 5?! BTW, Season 1 is fabulous for anyone who has not seen it.
Duh....what are they thinking?!
Howard

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

Well, apparently the studio that annoys the hell out of us the most gets a really good prize. Either that, or DVD studios are run by retarded chimpanzees.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks