What's new

Press Release Last Train from Gun Hill (Paramount Presents) - June 15th 2021 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It could be that Paramount's rights to the underlying material (Al Capp's comic strip) has lapsed and needs to be renegotiated. I haven't heard anything to that effect, but that would be the most likely rights issue.
That is the issue that I thought I read something about.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’ve never seen this film but the announcement caught my eye. I will try and pick this up in digital when it is available.

Currently it is only in sd on iTunes!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Classic John Sturges Western Starring Kirk Douglas
Makes Its Blu-ray™ Debut

image002.png

Latest Addition to the Paramount Presents Line Debuts June 15, 2021

Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn headline the suspenseful classic LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL, arriving for the first time on Blu-ray in the Paramount Presents line June 15, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

A gripping Western from director John Sturges—one of the greatest filmmakers of the genre—LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL has been remastered from a 6K film transfer of the original VistaVision negative for exceptional picture quality. The limited-edition Blu-ray Disc™ includes a new Filmmaker Focus with film historian Leonard Maltin, access to a digital copy of the film, as well as original theatrical trailers for Last Train from Gun Hill, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, The Furies, and The Black Orchid. The Blu-ray comes in collectible packaging featuring a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments.

Synopsis

LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL
follows U.S. Marshal Matt Morgan (Kirk Douglas) on the trail of his wife’s killer. Adding a dark twist to the tale, the suspect's father is Morgan's longtime friend, cattle baron Craig Beldon (Anthony Quinn). Morgan is determined to capture the killer and take him away by the 9:00 train, against all odds.

Paramount Presents: LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL

Street Date: June 15, 2021

U.S. Rating: Not Rated

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Wow! A 6K transfer from the original negative! This should be the Blu-ray disc we've been waiting for.
This for me will be the 5th Western I will have in Vistavision ! :D Run For Cover, The Searchers, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, and One Eyed Jacks are the other 4 That I have. All look Excellent on Bluray ! ;)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
My pre-order from Best Buy .com showed up in the mail today. I put it on to take a peak. Wow! Just stunning. I'm watching it later tonight.

Attachments

• DSC02578.JPG
    DSC02578.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02579.JPG
    DSC02579.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
My pre-order from Best Buy .com showed up in the mail today. I put it on to take a peak. Wow! Just stunning. I'm watching it later tonight.
Brad, .....I won't be getting mine for a few days. The PQ is Stunning ? That's Great news. One of my many Favorite Westerns from the 50's. I Love those VistaVision Westerns. Does it look Better than the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral Bluray ??

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Brad, .....I won't be getting mine for a few days. The PQ is Stunning ? That's Great news. One of my many Favorite Westerns from the 50's. I Love those VistaVision Westerns. Does it look Better than the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral Bluray ??
I'm waiting until this evening to officially watch it. But yes, the transfer is stunning, it is beyond my expectations. You will be very happy. I'm with you, it and O.K. Corral two of my absolute favorite westerns also. I was happy enough to just get it on Blu-ray, but wow.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just got done watching the Blu-ray in its entirety. It's even more beautiful on my 65" OLED than that new HD digital. Furthermore, the English Mono Dolby TrueHD track sounds much better than the iTunes audio. Also, I watched the Filmmaker Focus with Leonard Maltin which runs a little over seven minutes long and learned a couple of things about the film's production that I never knew beforehand.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I just watched the "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral" Blu-ray last month and this 2021 Blu-ray surpasses it both video and audio-wise.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
What is a 6k transfer?

Is it a larger file than a 4k transfer?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just got done watching the Blu-ray in its entirety. It's even more beautiful on my 65" OLED than that new HD digital. Furthermore, the English Mono Dolby TrueHD track sounds much better than the iTunes audio. Also, I watched the Filmmaker Focus with Leonard Maltin which runs a little over seven minutes long and learned a couple of things about the film's production that I never knew beforehand.

Would you say it’s typical that sound and picture are a jump above the iTunes counterpart?

Just curious.

I picked up the iTunes version of the film and will watch it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks