What's new

Press Release Last Train from Gun Hill (Paramount Presents) - June 15th 2021 (1 Viewer)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
91wkDeA6xWL._SL1500_.jpg

Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn headline this suspenseful classic, making its Blu-ray debut—remastered by Paramount Pictures from a 6K film transfer of the original VistaVision negative. Directed by John Sturges (GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORAL), one of the greatest filmmakers of the Western genre, the film follows U.S. Marshal Matt Morgan (Douglas) on the trail of his wife’s killer. Adding a dark twist to the tale—the suspect's father is Morgan's longtime friend, cattle baron Craig Beldon (Quinn). Morgan is determined to capture the killer and take him away by the 9:00 train, against all odds.

Special Features:​

• FILMMAKER FOCUS: Leonard Maltin on LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL
  • THE LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL
  • GUNFIGHT AT THE O.K. CORRAL
  • THE FURIES
  • THE BLACK ORCHID

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Saw this when it came out and loved it. I wasn't very old, saw it at the Wetscott at a "kiddie matinee" and the intensity of the performances and the images held me rapt throughout. Remember the quality of the prints--the pristine whites, the rich blacks, the detail, and especially the sunlight in its shimmering elusiveness--enhanced the film's story and character interactions immeasurably. Haven't seen it since--never got the DVD, as I didn't want to ruin my memory of the film's visual beauty--so am looking forward to this, especially considering it's from the original VV neg.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
What's with the special features listing that includes four other movie titles?

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Is the 6K transfer from VV negative confirmed? That would be fantastic but doesn’t sound like Paramount.
"Kirk Douglas and Anthony Quinn headline this suspenseful classic, making its Blu-ray debut—remastered by Paramount Pictures from a 6K film transfer of the original VistaVision negative."

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don't have the iTunes file but surely it's open matte rather than P & S ; there's no need to pan and scan a VistaVision frame.
Uh, yes there is. Native aspect ratio of Vista is 1.50:1. There’s no way you can do 1.33:1 wirhout cropping the sides. Anyway, the SD iTunes title is listed as Widescreen, which is what the DVD was so I think Ken Koc is confusing it with another title.

I’m looking forward to purchasing it on iTunes when they put up the new transfer in HD (maybe even 4K?) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks