What's new

Laser Levels? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone use any of those laser levels for hanging pictures and other household projects? Do you like them?

And what's with the one that says it can bend around corners? I've neve encountered a light beam that can do that.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I believe I read on a previous thread here, when they say it can go "around corners" you actually have to have it at a 90 degree angle pointed at the corner, and it will split the beam or something.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I actually just returned one tonight. I think it was Intelle-laser or something like that. Came from Lowes, was yellow, had the laser level, stud finder, & electrical wire sensor all in one, $50. I returned it because the accuracy of the bubble level used to level the laser stank. On a 10 ft wall it was off an inch. I was trying to use it to mount chair rail. Pretty useless if you need to break out a regular level to check on the laser. I'm sure there are differences between brand/models, but this one was not worth it.

-Dave

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I do and in addition I use it to double check straight lines before cutting wood. I like it because it gives a reference point to start aligning things and will usually wipe out a lot of subjective guessing (light/shadow in a room can throw off one's senses). What's another thing it's pretty good for aligning your headlights by eyeballing it if you don't have an alignment tool.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I've used one to hang pics. They are not perfect but better than using the old eye-balling approach.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I/my wife used one to layout my DVD rack (see pics here!) .

The one we used would attach to the wall with some very slender push pins that are built into the unit. Leaves almost no mark on the wall.

I thought it worked well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have the Sears Craftsman one and I love it. I have not noticed any issues with it so far. It will go around corners without having to be pointed directly at the corner.

Laters,
Jeff

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Same here. I believe Sears has lowered the price on theirs from $39.99 to $34.99. It has performed quite accurately for my uses. Having a portable level of this magnitude to carry around sure beats an assortment of various sized levels.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have found them to be of limited use, especially outdoors, which is where they should be the most useful. Mine has a beam splitter for lines, but no way of assuring the splitter is level. Indoors might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks