What's new

La Femme Nikita- 5th and final season in October (1 Viewer)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
I know it is list of 99.99 but Amazon is always there, guys, and it is 69.99 on Amazon, as well as on Best Buy.com (where I purchased mine cuz I had a gift card!). You don't need to hunt around for Amazon.com you will get free shipping on anything over 25 bucks (avoid Best Buy, who will charge you tax); I think it is silly to keep tossing around this "100 bucks" thing, it just sounds more dramatic to people.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I was in Best Buy today, and their price for Season's 2 & 3 were $83.99 each. Not quite the $99.99 MSRP, but quite high (compared to other one hour series) none-the-less.

The $69.99 is only the pre-order/new release price. After that initial window, the price jumps substantially from what I've seen. Amazon's current price for S2 is $89.99, and $79.99 for S3.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Check out DeepDiscountDVD. They have S1 for $53, S2 for $76, and S3 for $70 . If you are patient, the site has two 20% off sales per year (one just ended, the next will probably be in November). That would make these sets anywhere from $43 - $60. Shipping is free.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
True, I did not see that the prices were higher on S2 and S3. Still, I bet if you watched them, the prices fluctuate a bit with sales. I have an Amazon link in my bookmark toolbar folder that was for a mega-sale on some FOX DVD sets around Christmas time (we are talking huge discounts, like 50-60 dvd sets selling for 19.99), and even after the mega-sale ended, it's interesting to go back to that sale page, as it lists a ton of shows there, and every time I go back to it, different things are on sale for different prices. I bet if you watched Nikita, they would dance around a little bit too.

But that DeepDiscount site sounds even better, I know I have seen S1 for sale for 50 bucks at multiple places. I agree with the above poster that I would be willing to bet the prices will drop considerably half a year to a year after the fifth season is released. Like the X-Files/Sopranos did, once they have sold as many as they are able to sell (and Nikita is a cult show so fans will buy it quickly I suspect) at the high price, they will drastically cut the price to bring in more cash off the more casual folks.

Karen-KJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen Williams
I received seasons 1-3 in the mail Wednesday, but the second episode I watched was "Love" and there was a glitch in the second scene, one of my favorite scenes in this episode. My DVD player was working well. I was heartbroken. I spent this much money mostly to get rid of all my videos. I cleaned the disc with special disc cleaner and that didn't help.

Amazon is sending me a replacement set immediately. They were very good about it, but the problem was with Warner Brothers packing--and not with Amazon's, which was very secure. Two of the discs in the box were not seated securely in their pockets. I hope none of you have experienced this problem. And I hope my new set is PERFECT. That's the problem with spending this much. We do want the set to be perfect!!! Amazon said they haven't had any other problems like this reported for 18 months, which was encouraging. Have any of you had problems like this with your order?

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
I had this problem receiving Dark Angel from BestBuy.com they used those sharp spiny protruding things in the middle of each slot to hold the disc, and the discs had gotten loose sometime before arriving at my home, and were unbelievably scratched up as a result of rubbing against the spines. (They replaced it, but you have to do it within the month, so from now on, I check all shipped DVD sets first thing for any scratches or nicks.)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
So I got season 2 probably 3 months ago from Columbia house (they had a great deal, and I was able to fulfill my 3 full-price requirements with one season of La Femme Nikita) and had not gotten around to watching it.

Out of the blue I was bored and looked up the UPC #. Apparently, I somehow managed to snag one of the original releases before the recall. I'd like to double-check by listening to the episode. Anyone know which specific scene of the season 2 episode has the replaced song so I can give it a check?

PS, the song that's replaced is actually on the 2nd soundtrack released for the show. Go figure. ;)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

"Off Profile" -- 2nd episode on Disc 5 (as mentioned above)

On the original set, "Loaded Gun" starts at about 36:07 (when the scene switches to the truck backing up to the loading platform) and plays through to about 40:47 (when Michael fires the shot).

On the reissued set, the entire musical score for that interval has been replaced. I'm not sure if the replacement music is a real song or if it was done specifically for the show. (If it's a real song, I don't recognize it, but that doesn't mean much...there was a TON of music on LFN which I'd never heard of until I was exposed to it via the show.)

In either event, I personally feel that it fits in very well and could easily have worked as the original score for the scene. Whoever handled the switch obviously took some care to make sure that it was as seamless and painless as possible, instead of being jarringingly inappropriate like so many such edits tend to be.

If you didn't know that "Loaded Gun" had originally been in the scene, nothing would seem amiss, IMO.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
For those who've been awaiting a price drop on Femme Nikita Season sets, you're in luck. Best Buy will have Seasons 1, 2, 3 for $37.99 EACH next week. They will have the new Season 4 for $65.99.

All of Best Buy's sales price for NEXT week are posted on DVD talk.
Here's the link
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=471900

Josh_HI

Second Unit
WOW that is AWESOME news! S1-3 here I come! FINALLY! Thanks so much for posting this! Dang now I have to wait on animaniacs and P& Brain and punky.....ofcourse nothing i want comes out for months and then it all hits me at once.

I think ill wait for S4 to drop when S5 comes..

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, what an amazing sale! I wish I had waited to buy! I've only gotten to re-watching this series, in anticipation of season 4, but was buying them all along at the high price tag! I guess some of us had to do it, or we would never have gotten the later ones, but still! 37.99!!!!! Everyone debating, go pick these up, it's a great show, especially the first two seasons, in my opinion. (I thought it started to falter in the third, but was still very good the whole way through.)

I wish we could have had a slightly shorter wait between the fourth and fifth, considering how few episodes are in the fifth, though. But three months isn't all that long, I guess, and given how many series have fallen along the wayside due to poor sales lately, should just shut up and be glad that one of my all-time favorites 'made it' to the end, despite the music rights and a relatively small (by comparison to the big guys), but loyal fanbase. ;)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Wooohooo! Went to BB this morning and picked up all 3 seasons of Nikita! I was able to get all 3 for only $108 because I had some coupons....so I am really excited! I love BB sales. I've already finished disc 1.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
You got the first 3 seasons of La Femme Nikita for $38, Josh? :) Does Best Buy have this offer in all of their stores?

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

If you go to their website, (www.bestbuy.com) it's in their weekly flyer for this week, so it should be in all the stores.
Season 4 - $65.99
Seasons 1-3 - $37.99

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

Yep. Just ordered S2 and S3 for $37.99 from BB online. I am surprised, astonished and quite happy about this. I loved S1, which I first watched more than two years ago. I've been holding out a long time for this, and it's finally happened.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Is the reason why these sets were so high because they have the original music in this release? Season 5 should be around $30 when it is released so I have no problem buying that when it comes out...I just hope Season 4 will drop around that time also.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I've read that it was a combination of the licensing for all the original music, plus the fact that it was "niche" show with a "cult", and not expected to sell as many copies as more popular and well known drama's.

The most I paid for S1-3, was mid$40's, so I don't feel too bad now that Best Buy is offering this unreal price. But it is quite unbelievable, and obviously a special being offered by Best Buy only. All the other retailers I've checked have dropped S1 into the low $50's, but still have S2, S3 in the $69.00-89.99 range.

S4 may drop some when S5 is released, but I'd be totally shocked if it dropped as drastically as $37.99 only because there's such a short time between the release of S4 & S5. Through online specials, I was able to get S4 for $62.97 and S5 for $22 which includes shipping.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Got Season 4 today. They changed the packaging style! The actual package is half the size of Seasons 1-3, but looks consistent with them on the shelf (though thinner). And Season 5 is sure to be thin too (8 episodes, would like to see SOME commentary with Peta Wilson, or Roy, or Alberta on that one too)

But they changed from the transparent plastic 'book' format, where you turn the plastic pages for each disc, to the way that Hercules and Xena were packaged in their later seasons, with each panel of the fold-out containing two discs overlapping. Does anyone else hate this format? I do, for some reason, they seem really awkward, and I don't like removing one just to get out the other. It's such a nitpick and not a big deal at all, but I'm just wondering - am I the only one who really doesn't like this method? I prefer the little slim plastic cases to this (a la the Slimpak cheap re-packagings of the X-Files.) And the book format used in 1-3 and the long 8+ panel fold-outs are my favorites.

Anyways, can't wait to watch these eps!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Or even Eugene Glazer for that matter. :) The old guy was more recently seen guest starring in an episode of the "24" series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks