What's new

La Femme Nikita- 5th and final season in October (1 Viewer)

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Warner!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5882

It's great that they are releasing the final 2 seasons so close together. Season 4 is being released next month, July 25th and the final season will be released on Oct.17.

This 5th season which is comprised of 8 episodes, will complete the entire series.

I've loved this show,which was the forerunner to "Alias",ever since it premiered and I've managed to get each season as they were released (thanks to deepdiscount's twice a year 20% off sale). I've been very happy with the quality of all of the releases thus far, and the fact that almost all of the music used during the show's original run has been kept intact.

It's encouraging to see Warner follow thru and finish up the series. :emoji_thumbsup:

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thrilled, too! I've been a fan since LFN premiered and I'm so glad WB has followed through with the DVDs. It was looking a little iffy for a while there, but now we'll have the complete series on DVD. I'll finally be able to throw out my tapes!

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Already pre-ordered my season 4 and anxiously awaiting season 5! Yes, after the long wait for s2, and the botched release (I got one of those copies that Best Buy didn't realize they weren't supposed to put out), I feared that was it for Nikita! I can't wait to watch the final episodes again, as I only saw them once as they aired.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

I did the same thing. As soon as I saw them going for hundreds of $ on ebay I went to Best Buy and picked up my Season 2 release which was the recalled set.

If Season 4 and 5's music is intact, we'll have the complete original run.

These have been really awesome releases with glossy/snazzy packaging, nice transfers and cool extras!

I didn't care for the way they ended the series in season 5 but will have to buy it anyway to complete the collection.

I know I'll enjoy watching these for many years to come. :cool:

Jeff#

Screenwriter
"Alias" is crap. Hard to follow -- and doesn't really make much sense.

The La Femme Nikita TV series was a work of modern art! I've seen every episode during its original run here on the USA Network from 1997 to 2001. The only reason I haven't started buying them on DVD is because it's just too damned expensive. Some day I will get them.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

I'd love to see the run of this show. I saw a few eps in S1 on USA and thought it was pretty good. But I certainly don't think it's good enough to justify the cost of these sets.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Is there any chance prices for these sets will drop? I really hate to pay $80 for each season.... Or maybe be released in one huge set?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
As someone who has watched the X-Files season sets drop from $149.99 to now as low as $24.99 (Amazon sale this week), I can virtually guarantee that La Femme Nikita one year from now will probably be selling for at least half of what it is now. I say that even though it does not make me all that happy. As a person who has seen the value of his collection drop by probably close to a third over the past four years, I wish the price would stay high.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

I benefited from discovering this series only this year. I rented Season 1 from Netflix, and was immediately hooked. I got Season 1 as part of a Columbia House DVD Club enrollment for Free. I got Seasons 2 & 3 on ebay. Season two was BRAND NEW for $37, and Season 3 was brand new for $44.

I love the show and desperately want the final two seasons, especially since I've NEVER seen any of the eps. But I will rent them from Netflix initially, and then wait for the price to drop before buying them. I have limited funds to spend on entertainment, and $80 bucks a pop is just more than I'm willing to shell out.

Tom gre

Agent
Hi
i think all of the new la femme Nikita box sets are $100 if you can find them use like me they are $59.99

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

Even at $59.99, they are too expensive when you can get season sets of any other non-HBO show for less than $50. I understand why HBO shows are priced so high because their revenue streams are so vastly different. But why is this one so expensive? It's a good show, but it's not superior to a lot of other things out there (Alias included).

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

i think i remember reading somewhere its because Nikita has a "cult" following and wont sell the same amount of copies as other popular shows, so the company charges more.

same thing with Brisco County Jr thats coming out.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

ha..ha..my reasons are a bit more selfish,Scott. Not only doI have to get them all because I think the show was very well written and stylish but also because I've been mesmerized by Peta Wilson's performance from the first episode on. It's a major crush that just won't quit! :D

To the other posters who are wondering why these releases are a bit pricey I can only speculate that it's probably due to the enormous cost of music rights/clearance.
There was a mega-amount of music by popular artists used throughout the series.

Thankfully,Warner Bros. was diligent enough to obtain the clearance$ for massive amounts of music in order to give the fans of the show the most complete releases possible.

I believe that they were unable to obtain the rights to only one song which was used during the second season of the show. This piece of music was included on the dvd set (2nd season) that was recalled practically days before the release date. The set was later re-issued with the exclusion of the song.

So far we have been given complete season releases of this show (aside from the song deleted from the season 2 set) and since it's one of my top 10 favorites, I'll gladly pay the higher price for the music to stay intact on any future releases. It just wouldn't be "Nikita" without the music which was such an integral part of the series.

Karen-KJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Karen Williams
Brett, Ethan, Scott, Anyone,

Can you please tell me the name of the episode in Season 2 that does not have the original music on the DVD? I want to be able to keep the video with that episode. I ordered Seasons 1-3 today and am excited I’ll be able to get 4 and 5 by mid-October, about the time I plan to move 3,000 miles across country. Moving with these DVD sets will be SO much easier than moving with 2 large, heavy boxes of video tapes! I have more than one copy of some of the episodes...

Thanks

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

Karen, for a long time no one was sure which song was replaced on the Season 2 dvds and it was long believed to be "Crush" by Garbage.
I myself do not have a copy of the re-release to compare side by side but according to the LFN Haven(the last post at the bottom of the page) it is the episode "Off Profile" which is on disc 5 of the set and the song replaced was Hednoize's "Loaded Gun".

Josh_HI

Second Unit
See they just dropped another seasons price of that Queer As Folk Show...and those started at $150! Why can't the WB take a hint. I really want La femme nikita but cant afford that.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

Etailer DVD Planet (www.dvdplanet.com) has Season 4 pre-listed for $69.97. If you insert the code "JUNE2006" in the coupon codes section on the check out page, it will apply an additional $5 discount (for the order being $60 or more) and you can get the set for $64.97 with free shipping. The coupon code is good through 6/30.

I've been all over the net and this is the best price available for the upcoming Season 4. To purchase the previous season sets, HALF.COM, Ebay.com or one of the Amazon.com marketplace sellers are going to be your best bet. They regularly carry the first three sets for prices ranging from the high $30's to the mid $40's (though they are sometimes higher...you have to keep checking as they change daily).

I agree, that the set is pricey, and I cannot afford to drop $100 bucks a set for entertainment. Since I absolutely LOVE the 3 seasons of the show that I've seen, I did a little research and resorted to "alternative" means for getting my 3 season sets. The highest price I paid was for Season 3, which I got for the high $40's WITH shipping included in that price.

If you really want the sets, they can be found reasonably priced online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks