What's new

Kung Fu (1972) (1 Viewer)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I'm curious as well. I purchased the Pilot from Amazon Prime in HD and it is widescreen. I suspect that either it matches the DVD releases (season 1 wide while seasons 2 and 3 are OAR) or all have been converted to widescreen, but can't say for sure. I did compare the video quality of the pilot to what I have on DVD and did not notice much of a difference. They are likely from the same source, which could mean what is streaming is just an upconvert of the SD, or that it is an older HD master using older capabilities, or that the elements just don't have a lot more detail to provide.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The streaming seasons are all widescreen HD. I started watching the first season in the last few days. I do think the video quality is a tad better than the DVDs. Especially, given that they have been converted to widescreen, so a bit of zooming had to take place. It's been enjoyable to revisit. So far no stand out issues with the conversion to widescreen. A few examples where things tended to feel a bit tight vertically, but nothing important chopped off that I could tell.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
View Master.

1648711164445.png

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I'm watching season one of Kung Fu and am almost to the end. Run times on the Warner DVDs are all over the place, from about 48:50 to 51:00. I'm assuming they're uncut, but it's a little odd to see the varying times. Most series of the era on DVD or Blu, like Gunsmoke and Kolchak: The Night Stalker just to name a couple, have consistent run times for all episodes.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
$24.99 for HD complete series on iTunes. Lowest price ever.

Not sure if 4x3 issue resolved, but I may finally get this as I bet it looks good.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
$24.99 for HD complete series on iTunes. Lowest price ever.

Not sure if 4x3 issue resolved, but I may finally get this as I bet it looks good.
I doubt there has been any change to make it 4x3 since it is still selling as 16x9 on Amazon Prime, but I'm currently in season 2 and I've have had no issues concerning the changed aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks