What's new

'Kramer' in On Seinfeld Extras (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Bravo, Jason and Julia! Hold out and make them pay through the nose! Don't let these whiney fanboys lay any guilt trip on you. It's your face and voice that they are making a profit off of and you deserve a piece of the action! If these whiney fanboys want your participation let them pass the costs onto the consumer. You want it? You pay for it!

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator

they got the only "piece of the action" they deserved, they were actors and they got paid for their acting, and the show is over, their acting job on this project is over, end of story. get another job. im sorry, i have ZERO sympathy for them.

frankly, i dont care if they participate, like the great quote from Curb Your Enthusiasm, "never watched it, not a fan". as far as i know, for the most part, participants in the extras on DVD are not paid, so why start now with these whiners.

the DVD will sell with or without them, and the price will be more reasonable without them.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I believe each is making over $100,000 a year for an indefinate period off syndication.

And of course, Alexander, working for KFC, is getting all the 'McNuggets' he can eat.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i don't even know how interesting the possible commentaries would be. are these people compelling outside their personas? their respective spinoffs show they don't have much range. they're very lucky their characters became popular with their minimal acting (but great comic timing), and that is just as much due to the writing as their talents (if not moreso). it'd be ironic if they eventually ~do~ participate and the supplements turn out to be blah.

question: out of ALL the tv series on DVD right now, what release had the very best supplement that involved actors? and how much better did it really make the release?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Shawn, but I don't agree. All an actor has to making a livng is his face, body and voice. When they signed to do a TV show, it did NOT include exploitation of their work on a digitial video disc! Seinfeld was pre DVD. You can bet current series actors like say, Jennifer Garner in Alias, got a percentage of any potential DVD sales before signing on the dotted line. If she didn't, she should fire her agent.

It's sort of like music rights. A lot of music artists licensed their work for films and TV shows but those rights did not include DVD hence renegotiations for the DVD rights (which has held up many a DVD release) or replacement of that music for the DVD. Are you saying those music artists have no control over their music?

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I think it all depends on the ORIGINAL contracts they signed with the show (or the renewal contracts). Did they sign away residual rights or not?

I agree that an actor has only his face, body, and voice...but it all depends on what has been the agreement up front. If an artist paints a picture and sells it to me. I'm then free to sell it, charge admission to look at it, loan it to a museum, etc...all without having to kick back anything to the artist. IMO, the same would apply here.

But, I love those guys & would be happy to see them get a cut since I think the show relied on all 4 of them to be the success it was.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Why do you think Gilligan is still running around at 70 years old with his stupid hat on?

He signed a deal prior to syndication. Its unfortunate he's not getting a dime from the reruns, but the rules are the rules.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I got no beef with actors being paid for their time. 75 g's for Arnies involvement was way out of line but a flat fee of $10,000 dollars for recording of interviews/commentaries etc is fair enough. Most UK actors involved in the extras for TV shows over here get a fee of some sort. The extras can be a big selling point so the talent involved deserve a little taste. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks