OT: Seinfeld Concert Tour - 2004

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by chuck_b, Apr 11, 2004.

1. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

For those who missed the tour last year, Seinfeld is again touring his well-honed stand-up act. Had the opportunity to catch the show this weekend and highly recommend any fan try and get tickets.

Much of the just over an hour of material was similar to last years tour which I caught, but the set included new material and evolutions of the bits profiled in last years documentary "Comedian". Opening act was a new guy (missed his name), who started slow but was very funny and featured more topical humor.

For his encore this time, Jerry came out and welcomed questions from the sold-out audience. He said when asked, that the Seinfeld DVD's are set for November, although admitted he wondered why when it is on "17 times a day". Said they would include storyline concept, character development profiles and other extras. (The issue over George, Elaine and Kramer's contributions to the DVD's was solved in February).

As expected, he also delivered his most often requested line - "hello Newman", when asked by a theater attendee. Great show, great material and a chance to relive the driving force behind one of the best sitcoms on TV.

2. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

I second that. I saw Jerry Friday night in Baltimore, and had a great time.
    -Erik

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Seinfeld will be here in Vegas(Caesars Palace) in June

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Can you get me tickets to Seinfeld John? Considering I live in the same city as you? [​IMG]

5. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

I saw Seinfeld on last year's tour (I think it was a year ago, last November). He was scheduled to do one show, but there was such a demand he did a 7 p.m. AND a 9:30 p.m. show. Both were complete sellouts. He had the question and answer encore then too. Very funny material and it was great to see and hear him in person. Attending that concert made me appreciate "Comedian" that much more when it came out on DVD. If Jerry comes to your area, don't miss it!!!

6. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry
  7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I am thinking of getting Seinfeld tickets when he plays at Ceasars this summer.