What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Cameron Yee said:
I had a problem trying to insert an image into a post using a URL. In the edit mode it would show, but upon posting it would disappear. I finally had to switch to HTML mode and code it by hand for it to show.

If it matters, it was in the Tribute to Brunettes thread.
Cameron,

Can you report this using the Tracker link at the top so we can ensure it gets looked into?

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Members who are still getting the "Community Not Ready" message may need to clear the cache in their browsers.

I was able to get into HTF using IE but I was still getting the "not ready" message when I tried to log in with Firefox. After I cleared the cache in Firefox the "not ready" message disappeared.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
On Saturday I uploaded a new Avatar since my old one was missing, but now my new one is missing as well and when I try to upload it again it says it cannot do it. ???

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Richard Gallagher said:
Members who are still getting the "Community Not Ready" message may need to clear the cache in their browsers.

I was able to get into HTF using IE but I was still getting the "not ready" message when I tried to log in with Firefox. After I cleared the cache in Firefox the "not ready" message disappeared.
Thanks for the suggestion. I got this error on my home PC using Chrome, and found this solution. It worked like a charm.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Seems like most of the avatars have returned but mine. When is this process meant to be complete so i know its a problem and not just that im at the back of the line...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Heck, Moe. Yours isn't even the only missing avatar on this page. ;)

I don't have an ETA for you...but there is still a label at the top of many of the HTF forum pages today saying that images are still being sorted back into the system and to expect some slowdowns because of it.
We are continuing to load images back into the threads today. it is a slow process that is very intensive on the database so there may be periods where the site is very sluggish or unavailable.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Scott Merryfield said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I got this error on my home PC using Chrome, and found this solution. It worked like a charm.
Ditto. Thanks to Richard's suggestion, I now have no problems using Chrome.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I don't have permission to view the page with Ministry of Fear review.I also don't have permission to view a lot of pages on the right handcolumn: "Recent Topics".Just wondering why...Jose

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You should be able to see them now, at least the review threads. That area just got opened up tonight, with a new link in the main menu.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
bujaki said:
I don't have permission to view the page with Ministry of Fear review.I also don't have permission to view a lot of pages on the right handcolumn: "Recent Topics".Just wondering why...Jose
We have been doing a lot of testing in a private area and those threads were erroneously showing up on that sidebar. We hope to have it fixed tomorrow.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike Frezon said:
I think it's all kind of the same thing. If I can be of any help to you, LMK.
Thanks Mike. I saw a report that "all" avatars are done, and looks like mine didn't make it. When I have some time I'll craft a new one, thanks for the offer :)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I have experienced difficulties accessing Matt's reviews. I get the eternal wheel and page unavailable message.
I also sometimes get the same message when I click on "view new content".
I appreciate all your work in getting the forum to run smoothly.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
My Avatar is still MIA. Should I just create a new one? I did that the other day and then the new one disappeared too. Should I try again or just be more patient?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
At this point - we have fixed all the avatars that we can. If yours is still missing, we apologize but you'll just need to create a new one. It won't be broken again - as we're done restoring them at this point.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
bujaki said:
I have experienced difficulties accessing Matt's reviews. I get the eternal wheel and page unavailable message.
I also sometimes get the same message when I click on "view new content".
I appreciate all your work in getting the forum to run smoothly.
We were doing some work on the sidebar module with permissions. Can you see if its still an issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks